“New construction, but spartan accomodations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea

You added Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 Grand Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Los Angeles, California
“New construction, but spartan accomodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Smoke seems to permeate the room, even though smoke free according to clerk. Pet friendly, with dogs all over. However, if you don't want to share your hotel with animals, this is not so pleasant. The pool is nice, but no hot tub/spa. Not sure of the ratings, but only soap is provided in the bathroom, without shampoo/conditioner. Small kitchen is nice. Beds are firm, but seem to be beaten up already, for a newly renovated/constructed hotel is surprising. Free breakfast munchies are nice.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter, and nearer the parking, but freeway noise may travel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was happy to read your remarks about the pool and complimentary breakfast; however, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and a comfortable place to stay. We apologize if the dogs and designated smoking rooms kept you from being able to consider our hotel a "home away from home". It is our goal to ensure that our guests are not disturbed throughout their stay and it saddens me to hear you were.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Florham Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I booked a vaction through a travel agency and we decided since we'd be there a week we'd try an Extended Stay, good value, and a very nice piece of property. We landed around 8:30 pm and got our car and drove to the hotel. When we arrived we were tired from our flight and just wanted to go to sleep (due to the 3 hour time change coming from NJ). We got the lobby and we smelled smoke, no big deal. When we got to the reception area check-in was quick and she was very pleasant, then she said it and this is the only reason I gave 4 and not 5 points. She said the lobby is closing soon and if you have any problems call the police. Well my wife (holding our 4 year old song) her eyes bugged clear out of her head! When we got back to our room I got hit with 20 questions. "What did she mean?" "What problems will we have?" "Does she know something?" I calmed her down and we enjoyed our evening.

I am not mad at her, or the hotel I actually appreciate the warning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues. It is not our policy to refer guests to the police department for overnight guest needs. I apologize if our Front Desk agent did so, I will be speaking with them about the situation.

Carlsbad, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My Husband was transfered to Southern California in February. We stayed at the Extended Stay -Carlsbad Village by the Sea until May 31, 2012! Everyone was extremely nice. The room was remodeled and very clean! We enjoyed having a kitchenette (full size fridge, two burner stove top, lots of cabinet space...and a microwave. Our room was on the ground level looking at the pool. It was a little chilly at that time to swim...but it was always nice looking and inviting! The laundry room was nice ($2 to wash, $2 to dry). They also had a nice little breakfast center open in the morning with cereals and coffee, tea, and fruit bars. I think it had oatmeal too! I always felt safe staying there because all the exits were card key access only. If we needed towels or toilet paper...just went to the nice girls at the front desk! Within walking distance to Carlsbad Village -restaurants and shops! The Ocean is only a few blocks away! I would want my family and friends to stay there!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.
Mesa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Nice value for beach trip. Rooms have lots of space. Carlsbad is our favorite family beach town. Front staff could use some more help. Staff was covering desk, cleaning towels, and prep for grab and go breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Grants Pass, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We had a list of things that were terrible about this hotel but the few basic things that were wrong are as follows: dirty linens were left in the sofa bed, dried blood on pillow, dirty towel in kitchen cupboard, hair and bobby pin on the floor, we're very understaffed, breakfast was always running out of items. Would never stay here again. Also just be advised there is no daily maid service at these hotels.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

perfect for business traveller, families, and weekend warriors. Very nice view of the golf course. Waling distance to the beach, restaurants, and minutes away from Legoland.

Room Tip: I've always stayed at Extended Stay wherever I travel. I have yet to see a room that I don't...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we are your place to stay in Carlsbad. It's great to hear that you stay with us wherevery you travel and look forward to seeing you again in Carlsbad again. Thank you again for your review.
Whittier, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed overnight at this hotel on a hotwire rate and I was pleased. It does not have a ton of bells and whistles but the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and it was fairly updated. The room served its purpose and they offered breakfast snacks. It was a good stay and I would do it again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room Wi-Fi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea

Address: 1050 Grand Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Location: United States > California > Carlsbad
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica San Diego-Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
Extended Stay America Carlsbad
Extended Stay Carlsbad
Carlsbad Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by the Sea, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.