“Wow. That's all I can say.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
New York City, New York
“Wow. That's all I can say.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Where to start with this gorgeous property? I would not call it a hotel, I would call it a home away from home. The entrance to the Aviara property brings you to another world of beauty. Lush gardens, gorgeous greenscapes, and wonderfully manicured lawns await. The main clubhouse is warm and comfortable, with the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. We arrived late from Disneyland, with three sleeping children and a lot of luggage. Check in was seamless, and assistance was at the ready for our bags. The residence we chose was a one bedroom, and it was a good choice. The residence has a large kitchen, dining room, living room, two full baths, laundry room, huge master suite with large master bath, and two large balconies with seating and tables. The attention to detail is amazing, from the gas fireplace (the kids loved that!) to the fully stocked kitchen. When we arrived, there were wonderful brownie treats for the kids, and when they went to the bathroom, special kids sized robes for them, and their names spelled out in sponges! They really got a kick out of that. The grounds are gorgeous, with trees and flowers all around. The pool is large, heated, and comfortable. Pool service was excellent, with attentive staff at the ready. We checked out the Park Hyatt which is in the same complex, also gorgeous, but lacking that residential feel. I cannot wait to bring the family back to this special place. Also, within 30 minutes of major San Diego attractions like Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and Legoland. Beaches are also very nearby. I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a beautiful relaxing time in Southern California. A hidden gem!

Room Tip: The one bedroom residence was huge and perfect for families of all sizes. plenty of sleeping and liv...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ResidenceClubAviara, General Manager at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Four Season Guest,

Your description about our resort is what I hope is the quintessential Four Seasons experience, complete with attention to detail, a warm, friendly staff and luxurious accommodations. I can’t thank you enough for sharing your experience and recognizing our property as a “hidden gem.” We eagerly await your return and look forward to providing you with another memorable stay!

Demi Ortega

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sherman Oaks, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

As always the Four Seasons hotel lives up to the hype. From my first step in the door the customer service is beyond impressive. Everyone from the front desk to bell hop to security makes sure to be beyond helpful. I was part of a group staying at the hotel and had asked for some things to be delivered to my room ahead of time. When I checked in I was told they were already there and even the bell hop as I was walking out knew my name and told me he had personally delivered them. Such great service!

The rooms are spacious and beautiful. The amenities are amazing and top of the line. I had a suite with a fireplace that was just amazing. I really enjoyed my stay and will be back if I'm ever in the area again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ResidenceClubAviara, General Manager at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara.
I was so pleased to learn how impressed you were with our customer service and being acknowledged by name upon arrival.

We hope that your group meeting was a successful one and we are so pleased that you chose Aviara to be your backdrop for this event.

Your special mention about the amenities your villa offered including the fireplace are a favorite with our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Residence Club the next time your business or personal travels include the San Diego area.

General Manager and Regional Director
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This residence by Four Seasons has an obvious sketchy history -- timeshares online are being resold for $2000 or more, that is two-thousand, not 20k or 200k. And I learned what used to be the Four Seasons Hotel is now a Park Hyatt. And because of that things seem a bit fractured when you arrive and until you figure it out. With all that said, Michele Oh in sales gave me a terrific price for frequent stays. Sure, I wish I didn't have to pay for the internet, and silly high room service prices but there is no parking fee, no resort fee and the truth is that it is a quiet out of the way gem waiting to be discovered. I only stay at 4 or 5 star places and it is likely I know them all in CA, up and down the coast, yet I didn't know this was here until I stayed somewhere else close-by. No one I know knows there is a Four Seasons or Park Hyatt here either. With all that said, the staff are great and responsive. Some anticipate your needs and exceed your expectations and all have responded competently to any requests I have in my first 3 days here. I have to be in the area a lot and I will be back for sure. I hope it remains just unpopular enough for me to get rooms regularly at a great price but popular enough to stay open.

Room Tip: Get a top floor unit, I have 3 kids under 5 above me this week traipsing across the floor as if it w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ResidenceClubAviara, General Manager at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing TripAdvisor and taking the time to share your experience at Aviara.
As an avid traveler of California "5" Star properties I was so pleased that you found our property to be "a gem waiting to be discovered."

Thank you for the acknowledgment of the staff and their ability to anticipate your every need. Your positive experience lives up to our expectations of attentive, friendly service from all our employees. Your kind words will be shared with the the resort staff.

Again, thank you for sharing your satisfaction with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara on your next trip to Carlsbad.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This place is amazing! Whether you're used to time share or regular hotel rooms, the Four Seasons exceeds every area of performance. Like with any place you stay, there are going to be problems. Where this property exceeds expectations is how they take care of and handle every possible situation. I will be back here again if the gods are willing!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
ResidenceClubAviara, General Manager at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Four Season Residence Club Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Aviara. I was more then pleased to learn that we exceeded your expectations in every area of service. Knowing that we were able to handle all your concerns throughout your stay means a great deal to me.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Residence Club in the very near future.
Until then all the best to you and your family in 2014!

General Manager and Regional Director
Carrollton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Four Seasons Residence Aviara knows how to treat its guests! The staff is attentive, friendly, and responds quickly. They greet you with a smile and are genuinely dedicated to making your stay a pleasant one.The property is beautiful and spread out over the rolling hills of Carlsbad CA. They have just about every amenity a guest could hope for, from plush robes and high end bath products in the suites to a relaxing lavender scented steam bath in the Summit locker room.

We stayed here during Christmas week of 2013 and were very impressed. They went above and beyond what was required to ensure that our stay was a pleasant one. Our daughter celebrated her 16th birthday and the GM sent her a small cake on a decorated plate. In the lobby, they had letter forms to Santa for the younger guests to fill out and a special mailbox to put them in. My younger daughter did this and was thrilled to receive a personalized reply from the man in the red suit delivered to our room.

Their concierge staff is knowledgable and can make excellent recommendations for dining out or local attractions. There are several activities offered throughout the week, some of which are free and some of which have a hefty price tag. We enjoyed making s'mores by the fire pit (free), but passed on the watercolor painting class ($65). They also offered a family gingerbread house decorating activity during our stay, but we did not get to participate due to a scheduling conflict.

Our room was one of the "hotel-style" suites, but it was lovely. We had a microwave and mini-fridge, toaster, blender, coffee maker, electric tea kettle, dishes, glasses, mugs, etc. the room came equipped for two guests, but the resort's friendly and quick-responding housekeeping staff were happy to bring extra everything so that all four of us had table service and towels.

You can't go wrong if you choose to stay here!

Room Tip: Suites on the second floor don't require walking up or down a flight of stairs, but 1st floor su...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We are currently staying at the Harborside at the Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas(half owned by Starwoods and half by the Atlantis) after having turned in a two week stay at the Four Seasons to Interval International. We are Five-Star Elite/Platinum members within Westin and booked the Harborside 8 months out. What a mistake we made in hindsight. We were told that
we would always receive special perks because of our ownership status with any Starwoods timeshare or hotel property.

We hadn't stayed at the Harborside in many years. It was probably poorly built in the first place, but the ongoing maintenance just hasn't been done. If you want a pool umbrella opened up, you
do it yourself but without a rope....very hard actually. Dishwashing soap and detergent are not replaced on the single cleanup day but even when arriving, the room was just dirty. We had to request the kitchen and bathroom floors be recleaned. It was gross. Nothing is provided and the towels are often threadbare and well worn. Even the concierge was rather
non caring. No one ever learned our name and the only pleasant contact we had with anyone was
from the timeshare resale department urging us to look and buy. No way. By the way, the yearly maintenance for a 2 bedroom is slightly under $3000 per year and the weekly internet is another $150 per week for all guests - owners or traders. Our Platinum status got us exactly nothing
with this property. We were allowed to check in one hour early.

What this experience did was to make us value the amount of dedication that the staff and the board of directors put into the ownership experience at the Four Seasons. Everything is always
just so perfect. Whether it's the robes waiting for you in the free steam rooms, the new razors, the fresh brushes and combs, the sunscreen at the pool, coffee and tea in the mornings in the lobby, the always remembering your name at the front desk, pool and at the concierge, all of it reminds me of what Harborside is lacking and at a much higher yearly
maintenance fee. I absolutely love getting the Wall Street Journal or USA Today at my door in
the morning. I love the 4 fresh coffees left daily in my suite and the wonderful amenities left so abundantly every day when the room is made up. I think all owners at the Four Seasons come to take for granted the lovely furniture, the beautifully maintained units and all of the kitchen supplies that are provided.

At the Harborside, the furnishings are old, tattered, full of dings, in clash mode (the couch actually clashes with the possibly replaced carpet) and once again, the Four Seasons comes up as a tremendous value. I absolutely always love my twice yearly stays at the Four Seasons. I never get tired of the pampering and many kindnesses provided by the staff. I would never hesitate to recommend it for a family, business trip or just a wonderful romantic stay. The fireplaces in the living room are fabulous!!! Such a great touch! It is also so nice to have coffee on the porches of every unit with the beautiful landscaping. All in all, enjoy and appreciate this outstanding
resort!

Room Tip: We have stayed both up at the Summits and down by the main lobby but now prefer the convenience of t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were met in the drive way & offed a bottle of water. I thought it must be a timeshare sales person,but he said he was just the doorman.When we drove up the hill to the unit our key wouldn't open the door. Within minutes someone was there to get us new keys.All of the service staff were extremely friendly . .I noticed the plugins in the bathroom didn't work on the second day,so i called to tell them & within 10 minutes service personal arrived & replaced them.
We only had a studio room,but it was large & well furnished.Small sink & a couple of forks & knives etc.,but it was good enough for us to use the b-b.q. & eat in our room a few nights.
The bed was a king & very firm.Lots of toiletries in large bathroom. Sofa to watch flat screen t.v. We had a ground level unit,so no views,but all you had to do was go for walk or short drive to get the views. The unit we had was on the highest part of the complex,so one either had to drive down to the pool,or take 45 steps down& back up.We drove.
The grounds were clean & well maintained .
We have been to many timeshare places & this was by far the best quality of staff for service & friendliness. .Can you imagine every morning a different cleaning lady in the parking lot saying "good morning" with a big smile.
This place made you feel special.

Room Tip: second floor for a view,but then you would have to take the stairs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceClubAviara, General Manager at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your sharing your recent experience at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara. We are so pleased that you had such a memorable stay.

It meant a great deal to read your acknowledgements about the service and friendliness of the staff. We take great pride in the warmth and sincerity of our employees and it will be a pleasure to share your words of praise with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Aviara in the very near future. Until then, Happy Holidays!

Demi Ortega

Been to Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara? Share your experiences!