The staff was rude, when I tried to check in, although there was no line, I had to wait 15 minutes for the staff member to finish a phone call; the entrance was jammed with parked cars; it seems that only one small elevator services the entire property, and is constantly in use by staff; it was incredibly loud, like a frat party; the temperature in the room was unbearable, with the heat off it was sweltering in late December; we gave up on the free breakfast because there was a mob of people fighting over what was left of the breakfast food, I would have settled for coffee, but there was also nowhere to sit and no coffee cups; the staff also chose this time when the breakfast was busy to clean the bathrooms; there was also no face cloths in the room.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites San Diego/Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites San Diego/Carlsbad Hotel
- Hotel Of America Carlsbad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the coast of beautiful Carlsbad, California and conveniently situated only 2½ blocks from the beach, Hyatt Summerfield Suites San Diego/Carlsbad is surrounded by the area’s many great attractions. Enjoy a five-minute shuttle ride to Legoland or the Village of Carlsbad or travel a short 35 miles to the San Diego Convention Center, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Old Town or the San Diego airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.