“Excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Carlsbad
San Jose, California
“Excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

The front desk staff Mr. Archie went extra miles to find us two connecting rooms. He did not even charge us extra since one of the room has Jacuzzi. It turned out the motor of the Jacuzzi did not work, but it did not matter since having the connecting rooms was what we need so kids could roam between rooms. The Jacuzzi and swimming pool were very accessible to us anyway. My daughter still remembered Hyatt's pool as being the coldest pool in the world (her world anyway), and was hesitant to get in the pool. After she finally jumped in, she was so happy with the water temperature and we had a hard time getting her out.
I got the AAA deal for under $80 per room plus free breakfast. I was totally surprised when I saw the breakfast. This is definitely way better than the free continental breakfast that I have seen anywhere else. Besides the regular cereal, yogurt, toast, they also had fresh fruit, waffle, hot food (sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs) and made to order omelettes.
There were issues such as the next door neighbors partied until 2AM, but I am not sure what a hotel can do about it. We stayed close to an entrance, and the late arrivals sometimes slammde the door.
All in all, I feel I have got my money worth. If I am able to get the same deal again, I will no doubt stay in this place again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Leandro, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

We definitely would stay here again. We have stayed at the Sheraton Carlsbad (the one with the private entrance to Legoland) and we have stayed here. I would definitely stay here again for the money. The shuttle from the hotel took us to Legoland and picked us up- only a 5 minute wait going and the shuttle was waiting for us to take us back (after we called the hotel). The hotel was clean and a good value. The front desk clerk actually asked me my preference of rooms when I checked in..imagine that. Our 4 year old was asleep by the time we pulled up to check in so the front desk clerk was very accomodating (making sure we had a room close to parking access to get our son in the room comfortably without waking him). All the staff were very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. It was a great stay! By the way my husband played golf at The Crossings- loved it. It is about a block away from the hotel. Only recommendation is that my google directions stated to turn left onto Owens it is actually a RIGHT. The hotel also has a little trail "Bud Lewis" that is behind the pool area and leads to a little park with benches- great for a picnic if good weather.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

The hotel was clean and safe and meets all the basic requirements for business travel. There's no wi-fi (or if there was, it didn't reach to my room) and I didn't partake of the $11.95 breakfast buffet, but there was a nice bowl of apples at the front desk and a small shop to buy food items. Check-in was fast, and the staff was pleasant. All in all, a fine experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Hamilton,NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Just stayed one night due to a water problem at my daughters' place. Room was clean and it had water. I was so tired I would have slept in a chair in the lobby. Seemed like a nice place. Can't rate the amenities as I didn't use them.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

A decent place to stay - a bit nicer than what I expected - service was good. Breakfasts had plenty of choices - quiet, nice pool

• Stayed September 2010
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I highly recommend this location as the service and staff are top notch. They make you feel like family. Always looking to make sure your comfortable. The manager made sure to ask me if all was satisfactory. The staff in the restaurant was very professional and the service was excellent. KUDOS to the whole team

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
St.George , Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

It was just a room...nothing special. No breakfast. Nothing to write home about. It was close to the beach..maybe 10 min. close to shopping..5 mins. close to Legoland. 5 mins. It was easy to get to. All of that info is great. But the room itself was just that a room. Hot tub was ok. pool was ok. I would recommend this if you are going to legoland, the beach etc. because of it closeness. If you are looking for a weekend getaway with a girlfriend/boyfriend or romantic getaway...probably not the spot.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad? Share your experiences!