“Great staffs.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Moreno Valley, California
“Great staffs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here for our 2 nights/3 day weekend (Columbus) to once again visit Legoland for their Brick or Treat Halloween event. After an unpleasant stay in Residence Inn Carlsbad, this hotel was suggested to me by Marriott Elite customer service.

My initial conversation with Brooke (over the phone) was not impressive. She was in a hurry but not rude. So, I was actually not expecting much from this hotel. However, upon arrival, I was greeted by a warm and friendly Brooke. She took time to point out their amenities and made sure my room had the mini fridge I requested for my son's milk. The hotel was smaller than I thought but clean and pleasantly designed. The complimentary breakfast was above average. It's cook to order; not buffet style. The staffs were pleasant, friendly and actually take time to chat with us (even on busy days). They asked how our day was going, what our plans for the day and how our stay at their hotel was going so far. They would also suggest activities or places to go around the area. Now, that's welcoming!

Our rooms was an average category 4 setup; clean, decently designed and well furnished as expected of a Marriott chain hotels. We booked 2 connecting rooms and were given the first floor rooms with balcony leading to the hotel pool/spa and fireplace. It's very convenient if you want to use their pool/spa. We also enjoyed the outdoor fireplace at nights after a swim.

The icemaker machine on 1st and 2nd floor was out of service the whole time we were there, but was surprised when housekeeping offered to fill our cooler with ice on our way to our LEGOLAND trek.

Overall, this Courtyard Marriott Hotel is an average 3 stars rating establishment, in my opinion. However, the staffs sincerity and friendliness bump their ratings up to 4 stars. We had a pleasant and a stress free time here. We will surely visit them again on our next LEGOLAND trek, which is long overdue.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thor G,

Thank you for the review. I am grateful to hear that Brooke exceeded your expectations. I am also pleased to hear that the rest of our staff also helped improve your perception of the hotel, especially our housekeeping department. It is our people that make the difference.

I apologize about the ice machines. They have since been repaired but we appreciate you letting us know. Another piece of great news is that our room remodels were recently completed so they are all new!

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott. We hope to see you on your next LEGOLAND trek!

Trent Selbrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Culver City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

On our arrival we were greeted by Crawford who assisted us with our booking in arrangement, he was so helpful and provided us with a lot of useful information. Ellen who was also at reception, late afternoon/evening, was also incredilby helpful. Both Crawford and Ellen made my husband and I feel as though they had all the time to spend with us and answer all our questions (something that we have not experienced at other hotels, you always tend to get that rushed feeling..not here :) Our room was clean and perfect, the bathroom was spotless, which always counts for a lot too. With a a mini refrigerator and free wi-fi, who could ask for more. Bruce from The Bistro downstairs has a great sense of humour;) Charlie who worked at the Bistro on Saturday evening was great as well and most accomodating when it came to me messing up my dinner order. The housekeeping staff were incredibly polite as well. I don't often give a five star, but this hotel and their wonderful staff certainly deserve it. Thank you so much for a wonderful four day stay!!

Room Tip: We were given the choice of which floor we would like, 1st, 2nd or 3rd (which is the top floor) We c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Sainla,

Thank you so much for the positive comments. The fact that you don't give many five star comments makes this especially meaningful to us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our super clean rooms and amenities such as the refrigerator and wi-fi.

Most importantly, I am pleased that our staff performed so well that you remembered their names and what they did to help you. It sounds like the made a big impact! Crawford and Ellen are indeed most accommodating. I am thrilled that you recognized Bruce and Charlie for their service in the Bistro.

We are happy that you chose us for your four day stay. Please come back again soon!

San Marcos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

If there is a standard to be set, a lead to follow, then that bar is set at the Marriott Courtyard, Carlsbad. From the management team of Corey Hamlin, and Brooke, all the way down to their professional staff, best exemplify the great attention to detail, courteous service, and "can do" team way of thinking. In my recent stays at this location, for both business & pleasure, the treatment I was given was exceptional. Whether it's an extra cup of coffee, or an extra pillow, Marriott Courtyard, Carlsbad exceeds my expectations every time, for anything big & small. I would recommend this be your only stop when visiting North County.

Room Tip: Corner/South side rooms are very good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
RikN534,

Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled to hear that we exceed your expectations every time, whether on business or pleasure. I am most pleased that Brooke and Corey deliver top notch service with attention to detail. It is great to hear that our people have made such a positive impact on your stays. We really enjoy sharing such positive comments with our staff. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and the recommendation to the whole TripAdvisor community.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family and I stayed while visiting legoland which is very close. After a minor bump upon arrival, the staff, Cory and Jonathan more than made it up to us with great service. The rooms are great and not noisy. The hotel is upgraded and the bistro staff were very friendly and professional.
Although the Sheraton is closer, I would highly recommend this hotel for a family visiting Carlsbad or even if traveling on business.
Great staff, great service, good rooms at a very competitive price, that is all I need and I only wish other businesses were able to provide this same professional friendly service!

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Southeast108,

First of all, thank you for the great review! I am really happy that Cory, Jonathan, and our Bistro staff made such a positive impression on you and your family. Thank you for mentioning our quiet rooms. It is one of the advantages of being tucked away but still close to everything!

Thank you so much for writing a review to let travelers know what great service and value we provide to our guests. The fact that you would highly recommend us is a great compliment. We hope to see you again soon.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had the pleasure of an extended stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean and well maintained, the ammenities were exellent, and the staff was highly professional and caring. In particular, one of the front desk personnel, Brooke, constantly went above and beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable. As I was sick one day, Brooke sent some comfort food and liquids to my room so that I could hydrate and get better. She is a valuable asset to the hotel and made my stay that much better.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area. Excellent stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
JeffOrlando_Florida,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! We are pleased that you enjoyed the rooms, amenities and most of all, our staff.

We are so thrilled to hear that Brooke went above and beyond to help you recover. It is one thing to provide a smiling face when we encounter a guest, yet another to go above and beyond! We will definitely recognize Brooke for her service.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a great time at this hotel. Our group got three rooms. The woman who checked us in (I think it was Ellis?) was awesome. Super friendly with a great smile. She helped me get into the hotel with ease. I really appreciated the care that their staff put into our visit. The rooms were great, comfortable, and clean! I would definitely rent from them again:)

Tjh1982,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are thrilled that your group received excellent service from Ellen and your check in was seamless. We love to share these comments with our staff.

Thank you for letting us know that your rooms were great comfortable and clean. We are pleased that our highest Marriott standards were evident during your stay.We look forward to that return visit!

Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. The Bistro staff especially Ashley ....were topnotch first class representatives of what all first class hotels should offer clients. She made us want to come back again and again. Very professional in her management of Bistro. The entire hotel staff was very happy in their jobs and it showed. But we want to especially note the Bistro ...Ashley staff. Mr. & Mrs. A.

Room Tip: just ask front desk for what you prefer..they will accommodate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
146pat,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and particularly our staff. Thank you for specifically recognizing Ashley in our Bistro. We are pleased that her hospitality made such an impression that it made you want to return.

I have already shared your review with Ashley and the rest of the staff. They do indeed demonstrate the spirit to serve and enjoy hearing feedback that they have delivered it!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Trent Selbrede

Been to Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad? Share your experiences!