“Very Clean, Great Customer Service, Def coming back! =]” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   760 Macadamia Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
Phoenix. Arizona
“Very Clean, Great Customer Service, Def coming back! =]”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

My family and I have stayed here three (3) Times. December 2007, November 2008 and Decemeber 2008.

We have enjoyed everything, the location, right off I-5 and in lovely Carlsbad and the beach is less than a mile away!

The rooms are great! We have a family of 5 and the ajoining rooms work great!

All of the staff is excellent and helpful. The pool and spa areas are clean.

The breakfast is good too.

Def be back! =]

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

Good stopping place for the night only - right on highway, noisy, ask for a room away from highway and it will be fine. Great value. Downtown Carlsbad has a few good non-chain restaurants

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

This is a great location if you are in Carlsbad for the beach or LegoLand. The price is very reasonable ($75 for weekday in March) considering the room was very clean and breakfast was included along with free parking. Breakfast was pretty simple with coffee, apple or orange juice, milk, 3 kinds of cereal, hard boiled eggs, toast/bagels, make your own waffles and whole fruit. It is a motel style layout with several 2-3 story buildings. We never heard our neighbors or the highway. There is a Ralph's grocery store about 1.5 blocks away so we picked up adult beverages and snacks to keep in the refrigerator in the room. The room also has a microwave. Both are quite handy with young kids. Decor is not quite as nice as a Sheraton or Hilton but the $75 price is $50 less too. Neighborhood felt very safe: several hotels on one side of the street and nice apartments on the other side. They had a small pool but we did not use it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

During our trip to the San Diego area, we stayed at the La Quinta Carlsbad. The hotel had a number of amenities that made our stay a positive one. First off, the continental breakfast was well-stocked and had a number of offerings. With many hotels, the front desk staff member is responsible for the continental breakfast. However, at the La Quinta Carlsbad, there was a hotel staff member working the breakfast the entire trip, during the week and the weekends too! Our room was equipped with a small refrigerator/freezer and a microwave which helped keep the cost of food for our vacation to a minimum. We were able to visit the grocery store a block away on our first day and stock up on the staple items. Another positive was the fact that our hotel was just off of a major highway. Although there was obvious noise from the traffic, the ease of just being able to hop on the highway and go was a positive. The only major issue we had on our trip was dealing with smokers. We were very excited when we booked the hotel that it was advertised as a “non-smoking” property and when checking in there were signs in the lobby making guests aware of the non-smoking policy. With how wonderful the weather was, we were pleased to be able to leave our windows open while in our rooms. Unfortunately, on many occasions, a smoker would walk by our room and we would have to shut the window. Adding to this problem was the fact that the room’s air conditioner would automatically shut off after 15 minutes, leaving us having to either deal with a stuffy room, or stinky smoke. This proved to be very disappointing when we mentioned the smoking problem to the front-desk staff member and they showed little concern.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

The room was nice & clean, which are my top priorities. The breakfast was decent. Our only complaint is we were told that our room was sound proof and in fact was NOT. We aren't light sleepers so that wouldn't have been an issue, but I didn't like being told it was sound proof when we could hear a lot going on outside (facing the interstate).

I definitely recommend this place and would stay in it again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel. Our room was on the west side, so we avoided the freeway noise, although the hotel is right next to I-5. The room was a little tight, but it fit our needs. The breakfast was good, but you need to go early on the weekend (and probably most days), because they'll run out of some of the items. The room was clean, and the staff was friendly, although we did not have any special needs.
The pool area was clean, and the pool itself was quite warm. The hot tub was VERY hot; it was great! And the jets worked well - great for sore muscles.
There were many jogging paths nearby, including those along the shore. The public beach was a short drive or a longer walk away, but easily accessible. Even the ocean water wasn't too cold in November! There were many surfers to watch.
The hotel's neighborhood was clean and quiet, except for the freeway, but that didn't really bother us. The wireless internet worked well. There was a mall a quarter mile away with fast food and a Ralph's grocery store.
We would stay here again.

• Liked — The pool, closeness to the beach
  • Disliked — nothing bothered us too much
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Carlsbad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

Went to Carlsbad, California to take a 6 month course, The hotel offers special prices for students attending the school.
Since I would get the keys to our new apartment on Saturday, me and my two kids had to stay one night in a hotel, we chose the La Quinta Inn in Carlsbad.
We had travelled all the way from Europe and were tired, of course.
I had informed the hotel very clearly that I would be arriving with my two kids. I was met by very nonchalant staff-members who did not really seem to care much. I was given the key and someone kind of waived a hand in the direction of the room. So I struggled with the luggage and my two kids and tried to make my way to the room. This was a bit difficult since we had a lot of luggage. I went back and asked for a luggagecart at the front desk and someone kind of waived a hand in another direction. Well, I found the cart and we finally made our way to our room.
The room only had one queen bed and a rather hard sofa that could not be turned into a bed in any way. I went back to the front desk again and asked what they meant - "There is only one bed. There are three of us!?"
"Well, you can sleep on the queen all three", was the amazing answer I got.
I told them that I had informed them that there would be three people coming. But they had no solution to offer us.
I was so tired after the long flight with my kids and I did not have any energy to argue, so I decided to sleep on the couch.
But, naturally, there were no pillows or bedlinen for the three of us.
I called the front desk and asked for additional pillows, blankets and linen, and they responded that there were extras in the cupboard. Not so, only linen, no blankets or pillows. Went to the front desk to ask for them and the girl and boy staffmembers actually giggled about it when they got our pillows. Not funny at all, having travelled more than 24 hours with two small kids and being met with arrogance.
I did not sleep well on the sofa and I will never stay in that hotel again. Bad attitude La Quinta Inn!

• Liked — Nothing really, possibly location
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad? Share your experiences!