“La Quinta's are the best” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   760 Macadamia Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Ranked #24 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Kanab
“La Quinta's are the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

La Quinta in Carlsbad on Macadamia is a wonderful hotel. People are very friendly and the rooms are beautiful, clean, great tv stations, and pet friendly. It's very very close to the beach and just a wonderful place to stay. I highly recommend this location as well as La Quinta's in general. They are always clean, nice, great amenities, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee pots, great pillows and a comfy bed. Why would you stay anywhere else??? And, for pet lovers, it's so awesome that such a wonderful hotel chain allows pets when some places that I wouldn't look twice at, won't allow pets. La Quinta's are wonderful and I just can't say enough about the hotel and the friendly and helpful personnel.

Room Tip: While I don't know every room at the hotel, I know mine, and it couldn't have be nicer or cl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a really nice property and is DOG FRIENDLY, which is why I decided on it. They offered 15% off and so the room was around $70/night with tax!

They are continuing to redo all the rooms and are doing a good job.

Good side: Dog friendly, and the desk folks were very nice...but not always around when you needed them. Rooms (my first 2) were very clean and well appointed and a great value.

Down side: I was given a 3rd floor room, which was a pain with the dogs, but they had an elevator and it worked alright. The first morning (Monday), construction started on the 1st floor (extensive) of the room below me for renovations, so I had horrific construction noise, vibrations, etc....UGH. I went to the front desk and asked how long they would be working...10 minutes later I was told they didn't know and would move me, it would probably be 2 days...they offered me a room on the 1st floor across the parking lot, but there was still the noise and I thought for 2 more days, it might be too much...so I asked about rooms in the back. They were suites and thus apparently not to be offered at the rate. They had one room that was NOT a suite and I asked besides a couch was the room the same size as my other one and was told it was.

I 'moved' in...got settled. The room was VERY SMALL, there was NO SITTING CHAIR which bothered me...then I went to use the bathroom and there was MOLD...darn.

So I went to the office...they offered to move me AGAIN...I just couldn't deal with a THIRD (actually 4th) move...so I sucked it up and left a day early.

So DONT stay in Room 162.

Yes, I would stay here again, but would carefully check the room (bath) for mold...I would also ask about any ongoing construction. I did a REVIEW that was sent to me by LQ and expressed the problems and asked them to contact me and they never did...so

I would rate value as excellent, cleanliness as above average...but the whole MOLD THING concerns me as I get ILL from it. The construction noise and lack of concern by the staff concerned me as well. The idea that the property did not contact me after asking me to review the property is a bad mark on service as well.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the road and as far away from the 5 as you can...there is considerable WHITE noise of...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel is located in a safe place in Carlsbad, nice area. I stayed for 3 nights with two small dogs in a suite. The suite was quite large, one room with king bed and TV, other with sofa and TV . Both rooms had large chest of drawers and ample place to hang clothes. Two full baths with tubs, very spacious. Each bath had a hair dryer. Decor very nice and all was very clean. I read about the noise on the freeway side so I asked for a quiet room and got one on the first floor. With doors closed, and there are two doors by the way, the freeway noise was not an issue. There was a coffee maker, small frig and small microwave in suite, all functional. Really liked the hutch for my computer with desk chair. Despite other reviews, my hotel wifi was very fast but then i always have my Netgear Genie adapter when traveling, which increases signal strength.. Breakfast choices are many; waffles, pastries, bagels, cereals, fruit, juices, hot oatmeal, yogurt and coffee reg and decaf. Staff all very pleasant. Spa and pool very clean. Nothing to complain about here and price us very reasonable for this kind of suite. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Ground floor facing the Kaiser Medical Center is quiet and has greenery outside window. Ask for one...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta for 3 nights during our Legoland trip. We chose this hotel primarily for its money value, knowing that we wouldn't spend much time in the room. The hotel was sufficient for what we needed. We got a room on the ground floor in the main building, and right next to a breakfast room. Luckily we didn't hear much noise in the morning though except for the waffle maker beeping.

Our room was clean, nicely furnished, but felt a bit dark. The bed was comfortable. We had problem with our room key cards. They didn't work so we had to have them reprogrammed a couple times during our stay.

Room Tip: Try to request for a room on the top floor. Our neighbors upstair were running and jumping quite a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was a great place to stay for our Legoland weekend getaway. Check-in and check-out were easy, parking was plentiful, staff friendly, rooms super clean, and breakfast FREE! The location is right off the freeway, so if you are one that has a problem with freeway buzz this is not the place for you; for me, freeway noise has always had the effect of a lullaby. The hotel is within 4 freeway exits of everything in the area; no car ride exceeded 15 minutes. My only points of minor discomfort: the hard, tiny pillows and the non-operational heating unit that blew cold air instead of hot. But the bed itself was comfy and with four of us it never got too cold. The free breakfast is always a draw for me, and it included DIY waffles, boiled eggs, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, juices, tea, and cereals. Breakfast on Sundays served until 10:30!!! For a family of four, this easily saves us $40 a day, so the $100 room charge was totally worth it, IMHO.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Redding
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The title says it all. After checking in after 9 PM, WiFi so slow it was not usable. Called the desk and was advised working fine. It was usable in the morning, bit very slow, so assume they don't have adequate BW at this facility. We like La Quinta, but will not stay at this one again.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near Interstate as very noisy outside. Our room was quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad? Share your experiences!