“Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   760 Macadamia Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Carlsbad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The only reason this wasn't excellent was that the air-conditioner was unpredictably loud. It would be fine for quite a long time, then it would rattle like crazy. We got a very good price on Orbitz, and we stayed for 6 nights. It was a very good location, not on the beach, but very close. I would definitely stay here again. The breakfast was well stocked with lots of choices. We never had trouble with finding a seat. We really loved having the refrigerator and microwave! There was even an iron and ironing board!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Key Colony Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have stayed in this area for 9 years when visiting family, and have tried each hotel except one on this strip. This is by far the best the rooms are updated. There is an exercise room, a laundry room and it is close to beach and coaster, outlets and restaurants. We have been staying here exclusively the past couple of years. And you can get a good deal on rates. We stay from 10 to 20 days each visit and have not had a problem.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floors, then you won't hear anyone walking over you. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
lq6120gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and kind comments regarding our newly renovated rooms. We hope to welcome you back soon during your next visit with family in Carlsbad!

Keith Noe, General Manager (760) 438-2828
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place is so so. I wanted to check in 2 hours early and was told no. The guy at the front desk didn't seem to experienced because I was holding a $20 bill in my hand and it would have been his if he would of let me check in early. He said they didn't have one room ready (at 2pm.) I found that hard to believe but after all, check-in wasn't until 4pm. It's a pet friendly hotel so I went and got my 2 dogs and sat in their lobby. Funny how they had a room available for me 15 minutes later. I guess they didn't want the dogs in the lobby with everyone else.

This place is very noisy when it's full. The rooms all around my room were very noisy. You can hear every footstep above you and you can hear the kids running around outside your door.

The room itself was clean and somewhat updated. I asked the same person that checked me in (the one that seemed in-experienced) if they had a laundry facility. He said they did. When I went to the facility there wasn't any detergent. (Most places have a machine where you can buy detergent.) I called the front desk, got the same guy and asked if they had detergent. He said, "Yes we have it at the front desk for a fee." I didn't mind the fee but it would have been nice if this young man had been proactive from the beginning when he told me they had a facility that they had detergent at the front desk. Just one more thing to add to my frustration of this property.

My stay was over the labor day weekend. The hotel picked this weekend to paint the decking around the Jacuzzi and pool, thus shutting parts down to paint the decking. Really???? This couldn't have been done before or after the holiday weekend when you don't have a fully occupied hotel!!! These folks sure do know how to plan.

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the beach but other than that it really doesn't have anything going for it. I will not stay here again. There are too many other choices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out of the La Quinta inn for a labor day weekend and the stay was really good. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and my 5yr old really liked the pull out
sofa bed. The location was excellent, nice area and we
ate at poinsettia village (2min up the road) at primos pizza and pasta and that was
really really good. Legoland was about 7min away. I picked this hotel also because of the great continental breakfast...danish, coffee, juices, waffles, bagels, hard boiled eggs and cereals. They are also pet friendly and our terrier was free. The front desk staff was very nice and attentive. So the ding? Was the attitude house keeping gave me when i asked for 3 towels. She literally rolled her eyes and uttered"oh my god"...I thought it was rude considering I asked politely. I asked for a room near the pool so we were one flight up near it. The pool is 3ft to 5ft and there's a hot tub. Overall I would stay again. We stayed in Room 201 from
Saturday to Monday.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad? Share your experiences!