“Great Bed” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   760 Macadamia Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92011   |
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Carlsbad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Running Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The La Quinta Carlsbad is only about 1/2 mile from the Beach and is in a fantastic location for a "Beach" vacation. The rooms are clean and the bed I slept in was very comfortable. But the Hotel was built 30 or 40 years ago in a Motel world, so while the rooms are an adequate size, they are still smaller than many you will find in this country. In Europe, of course, these rooms would be huge.

This 3 story La Quinta does have elevators, but sometimes the stairs are faster. The rooms face to the outside with covered walkways, but in the rare few times of bad weather in Carlsbad, if it is windy, you may get wet walking to your room.

Breakfast at this location is just OK. They have a waffle maker which makes decent waffles and they have hot oatmeal (not instant), cold cereals, inexpensive and somewhat dry pastry with small dabs of something sugary that resembles fruit jam, various types of bread, hard boiled eggs, various juices, and milk.

One of the important things for me in any hotel is their internet service. I measured 1. 44 MegaBytes per second download and the same speed for uploads. If all you need is Email and web browsing, the speed is very satisfactory. Streaming videos may buffer a bit and you shouldn't expect to download any very large files.

My room was close to the front of the Hotel and we did not hear the traffic from Interstate 5, which passes directly behind the Hotel. Step outside on the walkway, and the noise was fairly loud. I'm not sure how the road noise is in the back, but I would suggest getting a room near the front, just to make sure.

All in all, the Hotel/Motel was a good, comfortable place to spend a night, and was a bargain for being so close to the beach. One room was a decent size for 2 people, but is much too small if you have children, as many people will have if they want to visit the close by LEGOLAND.

Probably the most important thing to consider, though, is that this La Quinta is clean. If you are looking for a clean room with comfortable beds, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
lq6120gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your business and support of the La Quinta brand, as it is our goal to always provide a high level of service and clean rooms to all our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Kyle Greco, General Manager 760-438-2828
Hackensack, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

What does the hotel mean when they say Free Fast Internet? The Internet is so slow.... so slow... just enough to check emails... if you want to Skype or FaceTime with friends and family that you miss very much.... forget about it!! a 1 minute YouTube clip might take 15 min to view because of the buffering... good luck!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
lq6120gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations with every stay and we are sorry to hear we did not accomplish that with your stay. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Kyle Greco, General Manager 760- 438-2828
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was again inpressed with the La Quinta chain. I choose another place to stay acorrding to where I was going in California. When I got to the Hotel my reservations that I had made threw the hotel directly were for 11/21.... 2013. The young man at the desk said it is no problem and gave me a room. He had before told me that they were sold out for the night but assured me I would have a room. When we got to our room he had given me a Handicap room wiith no tub. I have RA and need time in the bathtub so I went back and asked for another room and with no problem was given another room. yea!
I always read reviews to find out how the beds are because that is important to me! This room was very nice and quiet and the bed is great. The Hotel was very busy and 3 storys but I never heard the people above us. It is easy to find. I was about 8 minutes from Del Mar but perfect for the price. Breakfast was good. Pool look nice although I didn't use it. Resturants were only a few minutes away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and your continued patronage in the La Quinta brand. I am happy to hear our staff was very accommodating and lived up to the high standards of service we strive to provide all our guests. Hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Carlsbad!

Kyle Greco, General Manager 760-438-2828

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego Carlsbad? Share your experiences!