Beware of credit card fraud at FS aviara - actually not as serious as to be called fraud. But it may develop to a fraud if it goes further out of bound. For a reputable hotel, it should be strict in their use of customer's credit card.
It happened on Dec 31 2005 which is two days after I checked out. They secured $1,600 on 31st in addition to ~$2000 on 27th. So they secured ~$7000 including the amount I paid on 29th (~$3300). The $2000 should have been cancelled when I checked out having paid $3300, but FS didn't. I contacted FS aviara twice by e-mail (Jan 4 2006) but no response yet (Jan 6 2006). The ~$3600 is not, and will not be, paid, but my card is disabled temporarily because my credit limit of ~$10k was exceeded.
It may happen to you in another form, and it is ok if it is a pure mistake and if FS tries to solve it fast once it happens. FS do not seem to.
I expected at aviara the same grade of food I experienced a year ago at FS Newport beach (now extinct). The Aviara FS needs a new food and beverage manager. In any circumstances, decent dishes shouldn't be salty as served both in vivace and in cal bistro of FS aviara. Not a good experience.
The rooms are just fine, not gorgeous, but dark facing northwest.
The location of the hotel isn't great. Neither convenient and cute little town nor a great scenic area. You have to drive for miles to get anywhere.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.