We just returned from our second stay here; please refer to MY PREVIOUS REVIEW of our initial stay which I POSTED ON 10-04-11. I am now convinced that the Park Hyatt Aviara is undoubtedly the standard to which all resorts should aspire. The impeccable service and attention to detail throughout this very elegant yet casual resort, in the most exclusive Aviara section of Carlsbad, is unrivaled. I would love to live here all year round, but as that is not likely to happen, I'll just plan to return as many times as possible. Everything here: service, decor (both the quality and eye appeal), culinary artistry and more, is all refined to the Nth degree.
The top notch freshness of the menu ingredients at all five restaurants, as well as the imagination and creativity of the talented chefs is hard to surpass. We had all of our meals here during both stays, and ate almost to the point of gluttony! Between the two of us and their five restaurants we had at least 40 items (including appetizers and desserts) from their menus. I know this is hard to believe, but EVERYTHING was excellent...even something as ordinary as wheat toast was the best I have ever tasted. The chefs are careful not to overdo it with sauces and gravies so as to cover up the natural flavors of their incredibly fresh produce, seafood, meat etc. There are so many tempting menu selections to choose from that you may as well close your eyes and just point to something...whatever your finger lands on is almost certain to be very good.
Close to the family pool, you will find the adults only "tranquility pool" which has soft, soothing underwater music you can hear only with your ears submerged.
I won't enumerate the many personal niceties one encounters here on a daily basis, instead I'll just say that the staff, from maintenance and housekeeping on up, do what they do par excellence. Pleasing and pampering seem to come quite naturally to all of the personnel and in a way that is not overbearing or intrusive.
The degree of cleanliness here is such that you could have convinced me there are hundreds of very industrious, wee magical elves constantly scouring every nook and cranny of this vast place when no one is looking, making sure that all is kept tidy and spotless.
Park Hyatt Aviara, you are truly very special , and as the song goes...I love you body and soul! Incidentally, a great rendition of that song is played in the lobby lounge by a guitarist and female bass player duo - she has played with the best: Ella Fitzgerald, Mel Torme and George Shearing...doesn't get much better than that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara