“Not your average eatery!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 276 restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American
Description: Fantastic fresh and healthy eatery located within a mile of La Costa resort and spa. Very affordable and delicious. Walk up service with tables. Very kid friendly and large selection of sandwiches, salads and meat plates.
Glendora
“Not your average eatery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Tin Leaf is off the beaten path, hidden in a shopping center, but is definitely worth the search. Extensive menu with FRESH ingredients. I had the turkey/stuffing/cranberry sandwich and it was delicious. If I lived in the area, I would make this a regular spot for dining as there is a lot to choose from. Give it a try!

Visited January 2013

91% Recommend
Carlsbad, California
“Great value for a healthy, well prepared meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have now eaten here six times and every time the food is well prepared with the freshest of ingredients. The cost is reasonable and the setting enjoyable. They have a very large outdoor patio for nice days and evenings. Service is always attentive--a plus in a restaurant where food is ordered at the counter and later delivered to the table.

Visited December 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Small Portion for Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I agree with the person who wrote a review about the portion sizes being small. Last night for dinner I ordered their white bean cassoulet. It cost $11.95 and came with a small salad and bread. The cassoulet was excellent! Spicy and chock full of meat and beans. I just wish I had more. The down side was the small portion size of the cassoulet, especially for dinner and for the price. I was still hungry afterwards and had some cereal. I am not a big eater and am petite in size.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northern Virginia
“Extremely fresh, well prepared food, atmosphere just OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

A great find for our vacation at nearby Four Seasons. Instead of eating in or taking out time at a restaurant with ambience, we found this place and were surprised and delighted A great concept but they could add just a bit of ambience even though it is a walkthrough line. We had roasted brussel sprouts and the shrimp skewer. YUMMY on everything and we are picky. No ambience here but fairly fast, healthy and excellently prepared food. Also good for takeout.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Delicious lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I had lunch and both of us loved it. I ordered the 1/2 mediterranean salad.. It was a large serving even though half-size. Both the salad and the dressing were very tasty. My husband got their version of a BLT since we were at a new place and couldnt go wrong with that choice. He liked it so much he wished he had tried the tri-tip. The service was superb for a fast food restaurant. We received our orders within just a few minutes. I asked where to get water and our server pointed it out but said not to get up, she would bring it. We were asked several times if we needed anything and as we were leaving two employees said goodbye..since ordering is cafeteria-style you expect to be on your own. The service was on par with a regular restaurant but you receive your food much faster. Sitting on the patio was very pleasant

• Visited September 2012