“The best time ever” 5 of 5 stars

760-208-3739
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: As homebrewers we've developed a passion for hand crafted beer. This passion has inspired us to create a unique tour that highlights San Diego's scenic beauty, awesome food, and most of all radical micro-breweries. San Diego is also becoming widely known for its many award winning Craft Breweries. San Diego currently has 36 Breweries crafting some of America's most highly awarded Pale Ales, Stouts, IPA's, and Porters, etc
Hermosa Beach, California
“The best time ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I can't describe how much fun I had on the Scavenger's Beer Tour. Adam was an amazing host and knows his stuff. We did a "couples" tour and I can say that everyone had one of the best days of their lives. I've recommended Scavengers now to everyone I've come across, I think it would be perfect for Bachelor parties, college reunions, etc. And if you are a girl and like beer, you'll love it too!

Visited July 2011

Helsinki, Finland
“Perfect Beer Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Is there a better way of spending a day? Propably not. I think this was not my last time to take the tour, although it's a bit far from Helsinki, Finland. Maybe I'll start booking the flights right away!

A Great Tour!

Visited April 2011
San Clemente, California
“Beer tour? Yes, Please.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

This was my first time doing a beverage tour and it was more then I could have hoped for.

Our stops included Lost Abbey, Iron Fist, Red Rooster (for hamburgers!) and finally Breakwater Brewery for an IPA taste test. The overall experience was just awesome. The tour had the "in" at all stops and it was enjoyable to be guided through our beer adventure.

At our first stop (Lost Abbey) we were treated to some nice aged cheddar and chocolates to accompany the delicious brews. We were pointed in a direction to move across the chalk board and were able to sample quite a few beers here. Also it was nice to discuss the beers with both Adam, the tour guide, and the bartenders present.

Our second stop (Lost Abbey) was equally as awesome and a totally new beer experience for me. We were also given a little preview in the back as they were dry hopping their current brew.

Burgers at Red Rooster rocked.

Finally we finished up with a blind taste test of IPAs at Breakwater... and I really don't know my IPAs as well as I'd like to think I do.

Finally driving around in a Pinzgauer was one of the highlights. What a fun truck. I am hoping to do this tour again when some family visits in the summer.

Visited March 2011
Carlsbad, California
“Beer Me...Yes, Please!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Thanks to Adam and Travis for making me feel like a beer king. This isn't a beer tour, it's a beer adventure in a one of a kind ride with tasty pairings!! mmmm...Beer...I'm ready to book another!!

Visited February 2011
Temecula, California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

My husband and I went on the Scavenger's Beer tour and had such an amazing time. We went with two of our friends and ended the day with 8 more. Being from Temecula, we have gone on Wine Tours before but this was our first beer tour. What an experience. I have to admit, when I first saw what we were riding in, I thought: "Oh great, this is gonna be loud and uncomfortable. But the ride in the Pinzgauer was surprisingly smooth and comfortable for how rugged it looks and riding in it made us feel like celebrities the way everyone would look to see what we were all about. We went in the middle of February so a jacket or sweater is a must. Bring a camera because there will be a lot of great moments. Our tour guide Adam was perfect. He knew a lot about beer, the area, was courteous and had good taste in music he played during the tour. All the breweries we went to were phenomenal. Mother Earth was my favorite. And the food pairings Adam provided sat so well with the beer and the whole experience was first class all the way. As I mentioned before we ended the tour making more friends and we all had an absolute blast together. So much fun! Thanks Adam and Scavengers Beer Tours! We WILL book again and definitely refer friends.

Visited February 2011