“Catered our party!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: market, bakery, deli, food to eat in or take out
San Diego, California
“Catered our party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a birthday party for my wife with 30 guests. Prontos' was recommended by several friends so we decided to give them a try. We worked with Silvia, the owner, and her daughter Christina. It was all done over the phone and by checking their website. They know what they are doing. There are many choices on entrees and appetizers but they helped us decide on what to order. Silvia convinced us that we were ordering TOO MUCH food and cut down the quantities for us... very helpful. We went with two entrees, vegetarian lasagna and rosemary chicken. We also got a large garden salad, a Mediterranean platter, and a combo cheese/veggie platter. We still had lots of left-overs, which we are enjoying! Silvia delivered the food herself, right on time as scheduled. We rented tables, chairs, linens, and chafers from Rafael's.
Silvia sent her employee Judy to assist with the evening. Judy worked independently, not through Prontos' so she got paid directly by us at the end of the evening. Prontos' needs to be commended for this. They could easily take a cut, but they do not.
Judy was fantastic! She took charge of the kitchen and did everything we needed, and without direction. She knew what needed to be done and did it! She put the food in the oven when it arrived, set up the hors d' oeuvres platters, cleared them when necessary, set up the chafers for the entrees, etc. She kept her eye on the guests and made sure they were taken care of. By the end of the night, she had washed all the dishes, silverware, glasses, and coffee cups and returned them to their bins, ready for the rental company to pick up! Judy truly took a lot of the stress off us so we could enjoy the party. I almost forgot to mention the deserts! We got a mix of petifores and mini cupcakes. You know how deserts like this can look great, but then let you down on the actual flavor? Not these. They must use very good ingredients because the flavors were rich and the textures just right. I will count on Prontos' for any catering in the future, no question.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manhattan Beach, California
“Caterer's that care!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Prontos' market catered my son and daughter in laws rehearsal dinner. The food was FABULOUS! Christina was pleasant to work with. The family showed up to deliver the food. Sylvia and family are great. The presentation was impeccable. Their servers were polite and efficient. The desserts were amazing. Food can make or break and event. Pronto's Market definitely made our event a huge success! All the left over were eaten on Sunday at breakfast!

Visited January 2013
Carlsbad, California
“Don't want to cook...pick up some pasta and sauce”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've not been here for lunch, but sometimes I go here and pick up ravioli, sauce, and focaccia for dinner . It's not inexpensive. A moderate serving for 2 will cost about $16. That would be a small container of sauce, maybe 1 1/2 cups, 10-12 ravioli, regular small size, and a piece of focaccia that is about the size of the palm of your hand. It is good and still cheaper than pizza.

Visited December 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our office uses this Deli to cater in lunches. The sandwiches are always delicious and I've always enjoyed their catered food. Thus, I expected it would be great to visit the deli for lunch with my family. What a disappointment. The staff seemed disorganized and stressed out. The soup my daughter ordered was horrible and she threw it away. The sandwich was what I expected. The outdoor seating area had several dirty tables and trash piled up around the bins. I won't return.

Visited January 2013