“Brunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch
Oceanside, California
“Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had the opportunity to try out brunch fare here. You will not be disappointed. The omelet I ordered was huge, and full of veggies. The fruit on the side was plentiful as well. I was a happy girl!

Visited March 2013

Carlsbad, CA
“French Pastries and Fresh Coffee-Breakfast too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The pastries are made every morning as are the many different kinds of coffee. The Eggs Benedict made their way with fresh avocado's is a special. All of this and sitting around a fire pit with 3-4 large parrots making paradise noises from the palm trees above makes this for a fun and enjoyable place for breakfast, coffee, lunch or a late night espresso by the fire. Great people too.

Visited February 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Early Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was here just before 7am on a Friday morning and just a couple of locals inside having coffee inside. companion had gotten me up early and rushed me out with no coffee..so I was ready for a big cup of java.

A young lady working behind the counter greeted us...we had a groupon for breakfast and drinks. She informed us the chef was not in yet so no breakfast could be served...huh?? What? no cook and your open?? Ok I am shocked and stunned.

I asked if she could get us some fresh fruit until the cook showed up. Her response was she couldn't leave the front counter unattended. My face was probably priceless...the shock again. Let me say this is not a big place at all...maybe 6 tables inside and 10 outside. There were 4 people in the place...a counter and a small kitchen..and this gal couldn't leave the counter unattended..priceless.

Nevertheless, we got drinks and placed and order for a ham and cheese omelette and a veggie omelette. Companion and I were busy planning our day so when the chef arrived we missed it and soon the omlettes were brought out.

The coffee was fresh, could have stood to be stronger but I like my coffee to walk over and jump in the cup itself so maybe I prefer it a tad bit stronger than normal. Half and half, milk and other condiments were available at a small side table. A cooler with soda pops was located in the dining area.

Companion should have ordered a side of hashbrowns but we were not asked about sides so i would gather fruit is the standard. The omlettes were large, filled generously with cheese and ham for companion and veggies for me. Tasty and filling.

The location of this place is ideal...just across from the beach. The sound of the ocean and the breeze makes this an wonderful spot during the warmer months. In February it was a bit chilly early on, but later in the day I imagine it was great.

What we had to eat was fresh and plentiful Service was a bit odd and but friendly. Others have mentioned the flies...I will only note that at 7:15 am on a morning there was a temp of 40 degrees, I did notice a couple of flies at our table toward the end of the meal. Seeing these makes me think there is some issue with them.

I considered this an excellent beginning to this day and would recommend to others. Try the Cafe...use a groupon if available makes it an outstanding value.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carlsbad, California
“Favorite for coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a great location to stop for coffee in the morning. There is a nice selection of pastery as well. They have a limited selection of hot breakfast selections and sandwiches as well, but for me, it is the location and coffee. Just a nice feel. Dog friendly patio...

Visited January 2013
San Diego
“A great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We bought a Living Social Certificate and ended up at Cafe Elysa. It was awesome and we definitely will go back even though it is a 25 minute drive. My husband and I parked in front of the restaurant at breakfast, and then went for an hour walk around the surrounding areas. You can walk right across the street and head down to a beautiful white beach. There is not much seating inside so I would suggest going on a nice day. We sat outside on a beautiful patio and had a delicious meal. We tried 2 different omelets and shared both. We loved both, but liked his better because of the sausage in it. It came with a huge side of freshly cut fruit, all different kinds including blackberries and blueberries etc. The mocha they made me was delicious and the staff was very nice. When we first got there , there was no line at about 9am on a Saturday. When we got back an hour later, there were about 15 people in line in front of us, so that took about 20 minutes of wait in line. But it was so beautiful out, I didn't mind. The line was to order your food and pay, and then they bring it to you at your table. Loved it!

• Visited December 2012