“Delicious Mexican food for a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 276 restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Mexican
“Delicious Mexican food for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stopped at this place on the way back from San Diego. I read the reviews but had to see for myself. Needless to say I was not disappointed. The ambiance was nice. Even though it was overcast and California cold :) we sat outside next to a functional fire pit. The food was really good. We had fish tacos, 3 piece chicken and chicken burrito and all of them were good.
I would definitely recommend this place. Try it and you won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
San Marcos, California, United States
“Yummy Chicken,but beans better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My friend took me there for the first time for dinner before a church function, The grilled chicken was great, but even better were the whole beans , they were the best tasting beans I have at any mexican resturant. Also very good is their guamole.

• Visited November 2012
Oceanside
“Don't go late.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

chicken tends to be dried out. And Maria should NEVER lose her manager. The guy is the best. He makes the place hum. And very friendly. Probably works as hard as many of the other staff combined.

Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Great food and outdoor seating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This place is great. Parking has never been an issue. Just park on the street right in front. Outdoor seating is spacious with firepits. Indoor seating is a little stuffy so I recommend sitting outside. They even have a little picnic table for the kiddos.

I like their shrimp burritos. My BF liked the carne asada burrito - which is rare because he's a Mexican food snob. Service was friendly and attentive.

We live nearby so we'll definitely go back.

• Visited August 2012
Milpitas, California
“Some of the best food I've had in a while”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I loved Pollos Maria. We happened upon this after fighting our way up from the touristy spots. We saw it, and figured we'd try it. What a great little hidden gem. This was some of the best food, not only Mexican, but food I had in a while. This place should be packed but it wasn't. Maybe it was the simplicity of the food, but it was very good. I'd come out of my way to go here next time I'm in town.

• Visited July 2012