“Charming waterway with water sports” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Beaches
Attraction Details
California
30 attraction reviews
“Charming waterway with water sports”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Coast is dotted with lagoons but this one is special. It is the only one with boating and stand up surfboarding. Great for family entertainment and a Discovery Center on Cannon Road. Wonderful and educational for the kids. It sits just north of the Strawberry Fields.

Visited September 2013

San Diego, California
11 attraction reviews
“Carlsbad lagoon is fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We kayaked, rode on one of those monstrous water cycles, and saw people speed boat and paddle board and loving it!

Visited October 2012
Costa Mesa, California
“FUN FUN FUN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Everyday I pass by this waterway in north county SD called the Carlsbad Lagoon and want to pull off and play.

Well this week one day after work I did that. I Rented a Jet Ski for an hour and let me tell you it was AMAZING. I didn't have trunks but the shop had a TON of options to buy (this saved me) they also have lockers to secure my dry belongings.
After a quick run down and safety debrief from the beach Employee I was ready. I left all my worries on the beach as I took off gliding across the water. I haven't been on a Jet Ski since I was little at the river. Now I can ride a jet ski any day with out driving across the desert to do so. After my hour was up I returned to the beach and greeted by a super nice kid on the beach that helped my park my jet ski and helped me with my vest. He then showed me where I could rinse off and a place to change back into my dry clothes. I will be back to the Lagoon ASAP thanks to the helpful staff and amazing time.

Thanks!

San Diego, California, United States
“WaterSports Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I finally had a chance this last weekend to go down to the Carlsbad Lagoon, after driving by it thousands of times telling myself to check it out. WOW was I impressed. They have everything there you could want to do on the water, and WaveRunners!! I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I wanted to do but their staff kindly answered all my little questions and got me set up with an hour Waverunner. I had an absolute blast. I might have to check out their wakeboard and waterski lessons next time. This place gets my stamp of approval and will be seeing me more often.

San Diego
“This place is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

So much fun for me and my family. I had an awesome time taking my two kids on the Jet skis with me. The guys on the beach were a great help showing me how to operate everything. I can't wait to come back again.