“HILTON GARDEN INN carlsbad beach, thank you” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
conshohocken, pa
“HILTON GARDEN INN carlsbad beach, thank you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

My family and I planned a trip from SAN DIEGO TO SAN FRANCISCO. My children wanted to visit legoland and we picked THE HILTON GARDEN INN to park it for the night. We were somewhat surprised that a GARDEN INN had this much CHARISMA AND ATTENTIVENESS. I can not do it justice. From the time we entered the lobby to our room was such a delight. The staff was so FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS. The rooms were IMMACULATE THAT WE DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE. The location was so perfect that we regret spending any time downtown. The grounds were NICELY MANICURED and the breakfast was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I COULD GO ON AND ON, BUT RIGHT NOW I AM BUSY PLANNING MY RETURN TRIP. The hotel was like a home away from home, ONLY NICER. This is the first time I am writing a review. THIS IS HOW MUCH THAT HOTEL IMPRESSED ME. I hope you have as great a time as my family. Oh, to top it off, we were directly across from the beach. How great is that. ENJOY!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

We first checked this hotel out on Trip Advisor and it had received glowing reviews. So going in we had high expectations. They were met right away as we were welcomed by Reid!

The location is great. The sunsets are amazing. The buffet is excellent.

Honestly I cannot say enough good things about the place.

We will be back!

I sent a follow up note to the GM at the hotel we stayed at on Coronado and recommended he go check out the Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad.

FYI, this hotel is not inexpensive. We were staying on points, but it took a ton of points for two nights. But it was worth it.

Chris

• Liked — Staff and location
  • Disliked — a little pricey
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

Their staff is from some other planet or something. They hardly seem real in the era of bad customer service. These people go way out of there way to make guests feel wecome. Everything is great. I have nothing but praise for them.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — why can't I move in there?
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

We stayed here for Memorial Day Weekend and had an excellent experience. The staff was very, very nice and the hotel sparkled. The location is great. We have 2 kids and the movies on the lawn at night was so much fun for them. We were served popcorn and snowcones! They also have cookies every afternoon and a coffee.hot chocolate station every morning. The buffet breakfast was excellent and kids are 1/2 price. This was the most family friendly hotel we have ever stayed in.

• Liked — the staff, activities and cookies
  • Disliked — -----
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

Just finished staying 5 days at the Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad. It's a really nice hotel and in a great location. Right on PCH 1 and I had room facing the Ocean. It was wonderful and the hotel is in great condition. The staff was excellent and very cordial.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and again. ( Side Note: Jack Hanna , a fixture on David Letterman's Show and animal conservationist, was staying in the hotel that same week with his wife. Excellent place to put in for surfing nearby at this Hotel and ride bikes. )

• Liked — HGI are all very comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

Just completed a 2 night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach and have nothing but good things to say about the short stay. The location accross from the Ocean is also only about 3 minutes from Legoland and is about 35 minutes from Wild Animal Park. As a runner I particularly enjoyed running along the bluffs to the sounds and sight of the crashing surf. I also approeciated the host at the front desk meeting me with a towel and bottled water after I completed my run. Nice touch. The rooms are modern with flat screen TV's and about a dozen High Def channels. Bed's were comfy and the grounds are actually nicely kept for what I usually consider a business hotel. I would definitely stay again when in the Oceanside/Carlsbad area.

• Liked — The location right on Carlsbad Beach
  • Disliked — Lack of free breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
York, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

This is a nice hotel overall. However, I get the feeling that the high ratings for this hotel are given by locals getting out of the city for a weekend who perhaps don't have other locations to compare it to. Maybe compared to other local options it is a good choice, but compared to other beach-front hotels I have stayed at in other locations, this one is definitely low on my recommendation list.

It is a clean facility with a nice heated pool and the staff are friendly.

The location is not that great as there is not much within walking distance. The beach is across a busy 4-lane road and down a sizable cliff which many people probably won't attempt to descend.

The room we stayed in with an ocean view was about as plain as they come with business traveler amenities, which did not appeal to us on a wedding anniversary vacation.

The biggest disappointment at this hotel was the price tag on everything. The bottles of water in our room were even charged to us at ridiculous prices. I don't know if this is a Hilton standard or just life in California as it was my first time staying in both, but it did leave a sour aftertaste, especially after paying over $250 per night.

I wish we would have tried a bed and breakfast.

• Liked — Clean; Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach? Share your experiences!