“Review from secret shopper” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Buy 2 get 3rd night free
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Murrieta, California
“Review from secret shopper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My job, when not on vacation is a mystery shopper. I have been doing this job for over 10 years.

I tend to rate everything by habit when I stay somewhere, such as the service, room condition, property amenities and the property over all. If I was to have to rate this property based on these things that are important to me, I would have given a grade of 100.

The employees went out of their way to help me and answer any of my questions. I did not experience anyone being rude or unhappy during the visit. Even the gardeners greeted me when I passed them. The men that were remodeling one of the units were friendly and asked how my stay was. The property was well maintained and the amenities were up to standards. The room I stayed in was nice and cozy. It reminded me of a bungalow on the beach. Sitting on the porch, listening to the wave and talking to people passing by were very nice.

I would recommend this property and my hat is off to the staff for making my stay pleasant. Thanks so much for being the property you advertise you are. That’s hard to find nowadays.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We came here for our honeymoon and were not let down. Upon arrival we found that our room was a little smaller than we expected. We then asked the front desk how much it would cost to upgrade and it was too far out of our budget. The next morning the owner came out and gave us a great room for the rest of our stay at less than half the cost. He also let us take snacks out of the store for the remainder of our stay for free. This town was absolutely awesome. The beaches are very nice and there are many many places to eat, all in walking distance. Nights at this hotel are very cool with the fire pits and other lighting. We will definitely be coming back again in the future.

P.S. Come after labor day. There are way less people tons of room on the beaches.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom suite w/ kitchen like an efficiency apartment. It has a small porch w/ table, umbrella & chairs. Suite is nicely decorated and clean. Kitchen has full size fridge, oven/stove, microwave and cookware/utensils. We cooked on one of several gas grills almost every night. Bed is comfortable. I slep like a rock. Pool area w/ jacuzzi very cozy and clean. The beach is just a stairway away. Management, front office staff, and maids are very accommodating and friendly. Front office stayed open til 11 pm and has a small "store" w/ condiments, can goods, perishables, and souvenirs. Free bags of ice. We plan on staying there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I love Ocean Palms Beach Resort! I have been coming here for the last 3 years to visit with friends. This is our most favorite place in Carlsbad, I park the car and don't get back in until it's time to leave. Just love being able walk every where. The grounds are beautiful with lots of potted flowers and carved palm trees. We enjoy using the pool and jacuzzi after a long day at the beach. The family and staff are awesome. They upgraded us to a very nice 2 bedroom with kitchenette and living room and just spoiled us. Looking forward to next year Berry and family!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Carlsbad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I just spent four nights at Ocean Palms Beach Resort in Carlsbad to celebrate our anniversary. We actually live in Carlsbad, but rather than wasting time driving or flying somewhere, we chose to stay in our favorite village by the sea at THE BEST resort in Carlsbad!
Ocean Palms is located literally steps from the beach and only a block from many of the wonderful shops and restaurants in Carlsbad. It the a perfect place to stay!
The resort itself is beautiful. It reminds me of being in Hawaii. The grounds are really lush and lovely. There are palm trees and gorgeous flowers at every turn. The ambience is very tropical, and the courtyards are landscaped so beautifully.
We stayed in the Molokai Suite. It is the size of a three bedroom house! The master has a king bed, flat-screen TV ,and a HUGE walk-in shower. There is one more generous sized bathroom, between the other two bedrooms. This suite is perfect if you want a "home away from home," or if you are traveling with friends or family. It is such a nice place to stay!
The resort has many different types of rooms and suites, and I have seen several of them because Ocean Palms is our favorite resort for a "staycation." Every room that I have seen is clean, comfortable, tastefully furnished, and quite lovely. You really can't go wrong when you stay at this resort.
Some of the resort's amenities are a very nice pool, hot tub, barbecue grills, decks and patios, full kitchens, a putting green, mini mart, a gym, and outdoor fireplaces. As I said before, the grounds are beautiful, so you'll want to sit outside and enjoy them.
The resort is family owned and operated. Barry Senior strives to provide a delightful experience for his guests at his beautiful resort.
If you are going to visit Carlsbad, trust me, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very accommodating, the grounds are beautiful, and you're walking distance to everything. We stayed for 3 days but felt like we were there for a week- total relaxation. The luxury suites are quite small and we ended up paying extra to upgrade to a bigger room; however, in retrospect we could've probably done the small luxury suite because it was summer and the grounds were so nice we hardly spent anytime inside. My husband and I loved it!

• Stayed July 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We chose this location because it is located right near the beach (literally cross Ocean street and down the steps and you're at the beach) , and between LA and San Diego. The location afforded us the ability to go to Disney, Seaworld, USS Midway, and have one full beach day all in one vacation.
The hotel supplies Boogie boards, beach chairs and beach towels so if you are looking for a beach only vacation they got you covered.

There are at least 4 restaurants within walking distance.
on site Gas Grills if you want to do your own cooking
and 2 bike rental shops nearby if you want to do some 2 wheel exploring.

The bad. Not all rooms have ocean views. Ours did and we sat on the balcony all week every night and enjoyed our view. But not all rooms have that same view FYI. but the beach is right there anyways so this is minimal.

Our vacation was great!! Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Palms Beach Resort? Share your experiences!