“Better everytime!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Oceanside, California
“Better everytime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Returned to Ocean Palms to only find more improvements than the last stay. The new rooms are perfect! You cannot beat fully renovated accommodations with full kitchens. The landscaping is lush with tiki palms and includes fire pits to enjoy. The property location is two blocks from the train and bus depot, right across from the beach. Parking is understandably limited if you have a car but there is no parking charge. Very family and pet friendly. The Carlsbad Village is wonderful. Many fantastic restaurants, bars, and shops are all within walking distance. The staff is excellent. Housekeepers worked hard. Would definitely recommend. Seems like ownership has really done a fabulous job putting money back into the property.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a remodeled unit. The luxury one bedroom suites are awesome!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for my friends 50th Birthday. We had a great time. Having a kitchen was the best. Able to make drinks and appetizers made it so much more relaxing. Walking distance from the shops and restaurants was convienent. Hope to go back for a weekend with my Hubby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rivera Village
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a great location but the only good thing about our room was the bed. My husband would not walk on the carpet without his flip flops. The notices from the outside come right in. No hair dryer. And the bathroom included its own plunger...what does that say. Just checked out the rest of the hotel which was renovated. Bummer that we got the really bad room. Wish they would have disclosed that when we checked in.

• Stayed May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I first visited Ocean Palms Beach Resort in the 80's with some family friends who vacationed there. I was sold and brought my children there every year while they were growing up. They are now 33 and 34. I am now bringing my grandchildren there every year. My husband and I have also gone alone without the children. It is the perfect spot in Carlsbad. Some of the staff have been there for many years and thats comforting. I go for a week and don't have to get in my car. We walk across the street to the beach. After a great day playing on the beautiful beach, we go up and get in the jacuzzi and the swimming pool. In the morning we can work out in the little gym on site. There is a little grocery store on site. We walk to a wonderful restaurant for dinner. It is within walking Distance of all your needs. We walk to the train station and catch the Coaster to San Diego for a day at the Zoo or a baseball game. I cant remember a year when I haven't stayed here and I recommend it to everyone I can.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Indio, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

After a short stay in 1981 I fell in love with the location, peace, sounds and smells of, at that time Ocean Manor. The following year, 1982, we brought my mom, the kids and grandchildren. The tradition of an annual family vacation in Carlsbad, specifically Ocean Palms Beach Resort, has continued to 2013. The family has increased with the addition of a great grandson and once again you will find us at the beautiful Ocean Palms Beach Resort the last week in June. By the way, mom will be 97 and is looking forward to this year's stay. I might mention the staff, a great many of them have been there almost as long as we have been staying there, is the absolute best. That, in itself, says a great deal about the management as far as I'm concerned. What can I say except I love Ocean Palms Beach Resort.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Lindon, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have used Ocean Palms Beach Resort many times over the past 15 years both as a couple and with our entire family--children and grandchildren. We have found the setting perfect for relaxing, close to the beach and surrounding activities in the San Diego area. The upgrades that have taken place at Ocean Palms over the years has made the rooms and facilities even more comfortable. The staff have always been helpful and the rooms well maintained. We highly recommend Ocean Palms Beach Resort to anyone interested in have a relaxing and enjoyable experience in Carlsbad.

Room Tip: The room selection is all there based on the needs of the traveler from studio, to one bedroom to tw...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Overall, you can not beat the location of this property. It is literally 50 feet from the beach and you will be in walking distance to great dining options. I have been coming to this place for over 3 years since I was a child with my parents. They have really upgraded the property grounds over the last 10 years! I will continue to take my family there every summer.

Room Tip: Newer remodeled rooms are worth the extra money!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Ocean Palms Beach Resort? Share your experiences!