“Room with the beach view” 4 of 5 stars

Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3200 Carlsbad Blvd., Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Pleasanton, California
“Room with the beach view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here Aug 3-8 2013 for a family vacation. This hotel is across the beach but have to cross a busy street to access the beach. My sister and her family had always stay here for the past 4 years vacationing in Carlsbad and loves the location. We were given a suite on our first night but was told we were going to move the next day to another room which was fine us. The room had an ocean view and we eat our breakfast on the balcony enjoying the ocean view. The rest of our stay we still had an ocean view room and ate breakfast every morning on the balcony or watch the sunsets in the evening if we were in our room. It's not a fancy hotel but accommodation are clean and comfortable. There are activities for the kids ie rock painting class, playing pool, table tennis or borrow movies and watch it in your room's dvd. The pool is small and there are 2 hot tubs.The are restaurants are all around the hotel and are walking distance. The new sandwich place on the next block is very good and cheap. There is a very basic continental breakfast and no eggs or bacon offered.
The front desk staff were always very friendly and helpful as well as the hotel maids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I read the review prior to our stay. Some mentioned that the rooms smelled funny and I thought so too but nothing to be concerned about, just a kind of old smell. The rooms have been updated with newer fixtures, toilet, flat screen tv, etc. The room and bathroom were clean and we enjoyed our night stay. As we were packing my husband noticed the biggest cock roach he has ever seen and that is saying a lot since we are from Houston TX. Roach motel?, probably not but I don't think I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel/timeshare unit is across from a busy street, not directly on the beach like many other options in Carlsbad. We stayed 4 nights and our room was extremely small. The rec room is a nice addition because our kids enjoyed it. The location was pretty good. Not far to many good restaurants. Unfortunately it was just a very average stay. The front staff almost never acknowledged our presence. Hotel rooms are only the 1st floor, so you can't possibly move up, and the first floor street view would be so noisy. A free breakfast is provided but it is essentially just carbs, we generally made our way down to Daily News or Café Elysa. At almost 200 a night, I definitely expected better. Housekeeping was great.

Room Tip: King rooms near the hallway are really small.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the reviews. A beach view , location sounded great. What they don't show is the pictures the highway in between you and the beach. I thought I would be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy my ocean view with my husband for our anniversary. Well my room was on a corner next to a very busy crosswalk and stoplight, room113. At all times there were droves of people who could literally stare into my room. The stoplight and people kept me from enjoying my balcony. When I called to switch rooms the hotel was full so I was stuck there. Then to make matters worse it was so loud due to the yelling people walking by outside in and out of the hotel , and cars and loud motorcycles it was almost impossible to sleep. This went on most of the night. Paper walls. It was a good location to walk to restraints and right across the street from the beach which was great, but if your looking for a comfortable nights sleep and a date with with a loved one skip this hotel. And do not get stuck on that corner , it really ruined the room. Still waiting for a manager to call me. The person at the front desk said she wished she could do something for me but I had to talk to the manager. I really feel like I paid for a miserable nights sleep with no nice ocean view. I feel ripped off.

• Stayed July 2013
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I booked this because it is within walking distance of my son 's house. The price is $150/ night and I wasn't expecting much for that price, given the location! It turned out to be great. Right across the street from the water, within walking distance of all sorts of great restaurants, clean and neat, large room with refrigerator and 2 queen beds!

• Stayed May 2013
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is half hotel, half timeshare condos. Great location right across the street from the beach, very nice accomodations. Not the fanciest rooms, but good enough. Nice, clean, and spacious. The ocean view rooms are so nice! Large balcony. They have a nice heated pool with two jacuzzis, Recreation room, barbecues, and nice courtyards. Lovely resort and my family and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a lovely place to stay. We stayed just one night before flying back home (Australia), but wish it was longer.

Beautiful, comfy foyer upon walking in makes you feel very welcome. We were greeted by a very pleasant Staff upon checkin and check out.

We were on 1st floor around the corner, and still had a lovely ocean view.
Room was huge. There were 2 Queen size beds, and plenty of room to walk around.
Very clean.
Very comfy bed.
Good shower.
Lovely range of fragrant toiletries.
Wi-fi, parking and continental breakfast included.

We recommend anyone who stays there to watch the beautiful sunset over the Pacific Ocean.

Carlsbad is a beautiful little place along the coast, and you won't be disappointed on the ocean drive from LA to San Diego.

Would we stay there again?? YES in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!