“Not good” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #20 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the reviews. A beach view , location sounded great. What they don't show is the pictures the highway in between you and the beach. I thought I would be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy my ocean view with my husband for our anniversary. Well my room was on a corner next to a very busy crosswalk and stoplight, room113. At all times there were droves of people who could literally stare into my room. The stoplight and people kept me from enjoying my balcony. When I called to switch rooms the hotel was full so I was stuck there. Then to make matters worse it was so loud due to the yelling people walking by outside in and out of the hotel , and cars and loud motorcycles it was almost impossible to sleep. This went on most of the night. Paper walls. It was a good location to walk to restraints and right across the street from the beach which was great, but if your looking for a comfortable nights sleep and a date with with a loved one skip this hotel. And do not get stuck on that corner , it really ruined the room. Still waiting for a manager to call me. The person at the front desk said she wished she could do something for me but I had to talk to the manager. I really feel like I paid for a miserable nights sleep with no nice ocean view. I feel ripped off.

• Stayed July 2013

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I booked this because it is within walking distance of my son 's house. The price is $150/ night and I wasn't expecting much for that price, given the location! It turned out to be great. Right across the street from the water, within walking distance of all sorts of great restaurants, clean and neat, large room with refrigerator and 2 queen beds!

• Stayed May 2013
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is half hotel, half timeshare condos. Great location right across the street from the beach, very nice accomodations. Not the fanciest rooms, but good enough. Nice, clean, and spacious. The ocean view rooms are so nice! Large balcony. They have a nice heated pool with two jacuzzis, Recreation room, barbecues, and nice courtyards. Lovely resort and my family and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a lovely place to stay. We stayed just one night before flying back home (Australia), but wish it was longer.

Beautiful, comfy foyer upon walking in makes you feel very welcome. We were greeted by a very pleasant Staff upon checkin and check out.

We were on 1st floor around the corner, and still had a lovely ocean view.
Room was huge. There were 2 Queen size beds, and plenty of room to walk around.
Very clean.
Very comfy bed.
Good shower.
Lovely range of fragrant toiletries.
Wi-fi, parking and continental breakfast included.

We recommend anyone who stays there to watch the beautiful sunset over the Pacific Ocean.

Carlsbad is a beautiful little place along the coast, and you won't be disappointed on the ocean drive from LA to San Diego.

Would we stay there again?? YES in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We loved the ocean view from our room. The sunsets were amazing. Easy walk from hotel to cute downtown Carlsbad. My only complaint is that the desk charged my credit card an extra $40 in case of any incidentals. They said the charge would be removed 2 days after check out. I don't know what incidentals they are talking about; the minibar is not stocked.

• Stayed January 2013
TamarackBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We wanted to thank you for your recent review as we appreciate all feedback. The staff is delighted that you were able to enjoy the majestic Pacific Ocean from right inside your hotel room. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The resort is located in an ideal spot for walking around Carlsbad. You have the beach right out your door, and multiple restaurants all within walking distance.
The staff was excellent and very attentive to all my questions and requests.
It's obvious that the owners takes pride in their property; everything looks new and the rooms are excellent.
I stayed in a 1 bedroom/1 bath time share with a view - just perfect.
I highly suggest this resort and wish you all a wonderful stay!
Thanks,
Ryk

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Our staff is delighted that you had such an
enjoyable vacation. We look forward to seeing you in the years to come!
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We are staying here (still here) for a week with RCI exchange. The one thing I like the most about this place is the simple check in process and nobody bugs us about the timeshare sales. It took us about 5 minutes to check in and the staff were very friendly. We have a one-bedroom unit with a partial ocean view. There's a nice size balcony with a nice table and comfortable chairs. The unit is very spacious and you can have a party in the bathroom. The kitchen has everything we need. Though it would be nicer if there were a few more containers. The unit also comes with washer and dryer, with laundry soap.

Another thing I like about this place is that all activities provided are free and clean towls and linens are exchanged any time when we leave the laundry hamper with dirty towls and linens outside the door in the morning. Trash is picked up outside of the door in the morning. There's no need to call anybody for anything. We left a note in the hamper asking for more dishwasher soap and it came with the clean linens and towls the same morning.

There are two jacuzzis (one for adult only) and a heated pool, which is very nice. The only thing that I have to complain about this place is that the echo is very loud because the units are built around the pool and all the noises go up to the 3rd floor. Luckily we have not had any problems after 9 pm.

The resort is right across the street from the ocean and we took many wonderful walks during our stay. The sunset is breathtaking from the viewing deck on the third floor. While there are many restaurants here, there's a Amenian's Cafe only about 100 feet from the resort and the food is excellent. They also serve Mimosa, which is delicious.

It is too bad that our vacation has to end tomorrow and we will hit back home. However, we definitely will come back again whenever we have a chance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TamarackBeachResort, Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We are so pleased that you had such a pleasant stay with us. Because getting in here on an exchange can be difficult sometimes, I wanted to inform you that we also offer wonderful accommodations in our hotel portion of our resort which is located on the first floor. We would love to see you again and look forward to assisting you with any of your future reservation needs. Until then, the sandy beaches and ocean air will await your return.

Been to Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!