“Awesome Staff and Location” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3200 Carlsbad Blvd., Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #20 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Santa Barbara, California
“Awesome Staff and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The resort is located in an ideal spot for walking around Carlsbad. You have the beach right out your door, and multiple restaurants all within walking distance.
The staff was excellent and very attentive to all my questions and requests.
It's obvious that the owners takes pride in their property; everything looks new and the rooms are excellent.
I stayed in a 1 bedroom/1 bath time share with a view - just perfect.
I highly suggest this resort and wish you all a wonderful stay!
Thanks,
Ryk

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
TamarackBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Our staff is delighted that you had such an
enjoyable vacation. We look forward to seeing you in the years to come!

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We are staying here (still here) for a week with RCI exchange. The one thing I like the most about this place is the simple check in process and nobody bugs us about the timeshare sales. It took us about 5 minutes to check in and the staff were very friendly. We have a one-bedroom unit with a partial ocean view. There's a nice size balcony with a nice table and comfortable chairs. The unit is very spacious and you can have a party in the bathroom. The kitchen has everything we need. Though it would be nicer if there were a few more containers. The unit also comes with washer and dryer, with laundry soap.

Another thing I like about this place is that all activities provided are free and clean towls and linens are exchanged any time when we leave the laundry hamper with dirty towls and linens outside the door in the morning. Trash is picked up outside of the door in the morning. There's no need to call anybody for anything. We left a note in the hamper asking for more dishwasher soap and it came with the clean linens and towls the same morning.

There are two jacuzzis (one for adult only) and a heated pool, which is very nice. The only thing that I have to complain about this place is that the echo is very loud because the units are built around the pool and all the noises go up to the 3rd floor. Luckily we have not had any problems after 9 pm.

The resort is right across the street from the ocean and we took many wonderful walks during our stay. The sunset is breathtaking from the viewing deck on the third floor. While there are many restaurants here, there's a Amenian's Cafe only about 100 feet from the resort and the food is excellent. They also serve Mimosa, which is delicious.

It is too bad that our vacation has to end tomorrow and we will hit back home. However, we definitely will come back again whenever we have a chance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TamarackBeachResort, Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We are so pleased that you had such a pleasant stay with us. Because getting in here on an exchange can be difficult sometimes, I wanted to inform you that we also offer wonderful accommodations in our hotel portion of our resort which is located on the first floor. We would love to see you again and look forward to assisting you with any of your future reservation needs. Until then, the sandy beaches and ocean air will await your return.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

If you are looking for the view and a convenient location, this is it!
We had ocean front accommodations with 2 bedrooms/laundry/full kitchen. The view from the balcony is phenomenal and you are just a short walk away from all sorts of restaurants.
The front desk is extremely friendly and helpful. Any requests for extra paper towels, detergent, or servicing of the unit were fulfilled immediately.
The resort felt somewhat run down. We usually wouldn't care a whole lot that it was old, as long as it felt clean. But that wasn't really the case, but this too might be attributed to the resort being old. The dishes were filthy and that was due to the dishwasher not functioning properly. The dishes came out partially dirty. But naturally the cleaning staff should have noticed that when they were putting the dishes away.
At some point the mattress cover slid off and revealed stains. That was a bit unsettling. BUT... the mattress was super comfortable and we had very restful sleep.
We had toilet flushing issues on several occasions, one requiring service, which was lightning fast and friendly.
The fan above the stove was not functioning properly. At one point I was pan-frying fish and several minutes into it noticed that the room was filling with smoke. Turns out the fan was sucking the smoke in from the pan and pushing it right back out toward the ceiling.
There were a few issues with the showers as well. The knob regulating water temperature was spinning right through. This got fixed immediately. The temperature, however, never got above a comfortable warm, and believe me, I'm no fan of burning hot water. But I was cold.
We then attempted the shower in the guest bath. It must have been designed for very short people (although I am 5 ft 2 in). My husband, obviously, had to lean to get his hair wet under the shower. There was, however, one day when the water temperature was wonderfully hot.
I feel terrible complaining, because the overall experience was pretty good and we did have a good stay. But it would have been a lot better without these several annoyances. I will keep watching the reviews in hopes that some improvements would be made because we would love to visit this resort again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further away from the downstairs restaurant. It can get very loud in the evenings.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at Tamarack third floor #332. No worries about finding a place to park when going to the beach. Just walk across the street from your condo and your at the beach. Watch a beautiful sunset every nite from your own balcony or just sit there and watch the ocean. Location is great and the condo's are set up where you can cook every day and save money. They even have BBQ grills to use by the pool. The washer and dryer are small stacked but better than not having one at all. We will be back. Had a great time and the staff was wonderful. Wi-fi worked great so no negitive reviews here. Everyone should have a five star stay.

Room Tip: best are on the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TamarackBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing you again soon. The glorious sunsets and refreshing ocean air awaits your return.
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Started with the check in. Two resevationist looking bored and treated us like we were bothering them. One was dishoveled with a wrinkled shirt. I'm surprised Management allows they behind the front desk. They only had one reservation for me and it was in a handicap room. They had to "find" my other reservation that was double partial ocean view room for my kids. The handicap room is 114 and is so small that it is uncomfortable. My husband and I kept walking into one another and no space to move around. No closet to hang my clothes and the bathroom has no counter space. It was annoying to live out of my suitcase all weekend. Since they didn't tell me I was in a handicap room when I made the reservation I asked them to change me to a different room but they said they were sold out. I later learned they had a room "on hold" for a guest that may come in. The second room was huge. Only the room smelled like dirty socks. The screen to the balcony didn't slide. We had to lift it if we wanted to go out on balcony. For the smell we just kept the doors open for fresh air but it didn't cure it all the way. I did call the General Manager to let them know that I should have been told about the handicap room when I made the reservation. She "Shelly" said there is nothing she can do for me and told me to call the Resort Manager on Monday since he was out for the weekend. How convenient huh. I'll see what they do for me but honestly, it isn't about the money. I would have liked to stay and a comfortable room, not a matchbox. Then I learned this is the only handicap room at the resort. They should turn a regular room into handicap! Don't make them stay in a subpar room, they deserve better. You can hear everything from your room as they walls are so thin. Even footsteps. Elevators are scary, take forever and the underground parking is a joke. You can't get in or out unless the front desk pushes a button. So, you are stuck unless they see you! On the other side the location is great. They offer a continental breakfast which is nice. Lobby has coffee in the morning, also a nice touch. When in that area again, I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We loved staying at the Tamarack Beach Resort by the sea... We had a view of the ocean and it was wonderful walking on the beach . The Beach walk was great for walking or biking ..We loved being able to walk everywhere and loved trying out new restraunts...and the pool was nice also..
Very relaxing ! We are looking forward in our next stay there....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TamarackBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for posting such a great review! I am so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had such a great time walking along the beautiful beaches in Carlsbad. We greatly look forward to seeing you again and assiting you in the future!
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at this resort for three days in late September and had an ocean front room with a balcony looking directly out at the ocean. The view was awesome and made up for some of the less atractive features of this hotel. The room(s), although clean, are in serious need of updating. I also had trouble using their wi-fi in my room and the continental breakfast was average at best. However, the location was perfect for walking to the beach and village of Carlsbad. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the area to enjoy. For an ocean front room the price was not unreasonable and I would stay there again in the future. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Go for an ocean front room, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
TamarackBeachResort, Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your response as we welcome and appreciate any and all feedback as we strive to improve upon any and all areas we can based on guest feedback and our own research into how we can improve the guests experience at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel.

Been to Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!