If you are looking for the view and a convenient location, this is it!
We had ocean front accommodations with 2 bedrooms/laundry/full kitchen. The view from the balcony is phenomenal and you are just a short walk away from all sorts of restaurants.
The front desk is extremely friendly and helpful. Any requests for extra paper towels, detergent, or servicing of the unit were fulfilled immediately.
The resort felt somewhat run down. We usually wouldn't care a whole lot that it was old, as long as it felt clean. But that wasn't really the case, but this too might be attributed to the resort being old. The dishes were filthy and that was due to the dishwasher not functioning properly. The dishes came out partially dirty. But naturally the cleaning staff should have noticed that when they were putting the dishes away.
At some point the mattress cover slid off and revealed stains. That was a bit unsettling. BUT... the mattress was super comfortable and we had very restful sleep.
We had toilet flushing issues on several occasions, one requiring service, which was lightning fast and friendly.
The fan above the stove was not functioning properly. At one point I was pan-frying fish and several minutes into it noticed that the room was filling with smoke. Turns out the fan was sucking the smoke in from the pan and pushing it right back out toward the ceiling.
There were a few issues with the showers as well. The knob regulating water temperature was spinning right through. This got fixed immediately. The temperature, however, never got above a comfortable warm, and believe me, I'm no fan of burning hot water. But I was cold.
We then attempted the shower in the guest bath. It must have been designed for very short people (although I am 5 ft 2 in). My husband, obviously, had to lean to get his hair wet under the shower. There was, however, one day when the water temperature was wonderfully hot.
I feel terrible complaining, because the overall experience was pretty good and we did have a good stay. But it would have been a lot better without these several annoyances. I will keep watching the reviews in hopes that some improvements would be made because we would love to visit this resort again.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarack Beach Resort By The Sea Hotel
- Tamarack Beach Resort By The Sea Hotel Carlsbad
- Tamarack Beach Carlsbad
- Tamarack Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steps to the Beach..the Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel located in the Coastal Village of Carlsbad California. Just steps to the beach on Historic Route 101 and walking distance to all the One of a Kind Shops and Cafes in the Village. Dini’s by the Sea is located on the premises best known for there Sunset Dinners with seating on the patio. Looking for your next Venue how about a Panoramic Ocean View Meeting Room? Tamarack Beach Resort is one of the only Resorts with direct Ocean Views and Direct Access to the Beach all Hotel rooms with an Ocean View or Partial Ocean View have Private Patios. We offer a unique way of looking for accommodations with Hotel rooms or Condos (1 bedroom or 2 bedrooms) we can accommodate just about any size family or length of stay. All Hotel rooms come with a Complimentary Continental Breakfast, Wireless and Secure Parking combined with a Heated Pool, 2 Hot Tubs and Recreation Room. Condos have a fully equipped Kitchens, full size Stack able Washer and Dryers and all units have Private Patios. When you stay at the Tamarack Beach Resort you are bound to experience More Than A Room, More Than A View but "A Touch of Paradise." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.