“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at Tamarack third floor #332. No worries about finding a place to park when going to the beach. Just walk across the street from your condo and your at the beach. Watch a beautiful sunset every nite from your own balcony or just sit there and watch the ocean. Location is great and the condo's are set up where you can cook every day and save money. They even have BBQ grills to use by the pool. The washer and dryer are small stacked but better than not having one at all. We will be back. Had a great time and the staff was wonderful. Wi-fi worked great so no negitive reviews here. Everyone should have a five star stay.

Room Tip: best are on the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TamarackBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing you again soon. The glorious sunsets and refreshing ocean air awaits your return.

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Started with the check in. Two resevationist looking bored and treated us like we were bothering them. One was dishoveled with a wrinkled shirt. I'm surprised Management allows they behind the front desk. They only had one reservation for me and it was in a handicap room. They had to "find" my other reservation that was double partial ocean view room for my kids. The handicap room is 114 and is so small that it is uncomfortable. My husband and I kept walking into one another and no space to move around. No closet to hang my clothes and the bathroom has no counter space. It was annoying to live out of my suitcase all weekend. Since they didn't tell me I was in a handicap room when I made the reservation I asked them to change me to a different room but they said they were sold out. I later learned they had a room "on hold" for a guest that may come in. The second room was huge. Only the room smelled like dirty socks. The screen to the balcony didn't slide. We had to lift it if we wanted to go out on balcony. For the smell we just kept the doors open for fresh air but it didn't cure it all the way. I did call the General Manager to let them know that I should have been told about the handicap room when I made the reservation. She "Shelly" said there is nothing she can do for me and told me to call the Resort Manager on Monday since he was out for the weekend. How convenient huh. I'll see what they do for me but honestly, it isn't about the money. I would have liked to stay and a comfortable room, not a matchbox. Then I learned this is the only handicap room at the resort. They should turn a regular room into handicap! Don't make them stay in a subpar room, they deserve better. You can hear everything from your room as they walls are so thin. Even footsteps. Elevators are scary, take forever and the underground parking is a joke. You can't get in or out unless the front desk pushes a button. So, you are stuck unless they see you! On the other side the location is great. They offer a continental breakfast which is nice. Lobby has coffee in the morning, also a nice touch. When in that area again, I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We loved staying at the Tamarack Beach Resort by the sea... We had a view of the ocean and it was wonderful walking on the beach . The Beach walk was great for walking or biking ..We loved being able to walk everywhere and loved trying out new restraunts...and the pool was nice also..
Very relaxing ! We are looking forward in our next stay there....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TamarackBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for posting such a great review! I am so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had such a great time walking along the beautiful beaches in Carlsbad. We greatly look forward to seeing you again and assiting you in the future!
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at this resort for three days in late September and had an ocean front room with a balcony looking directly out at the ocean. The view was awesome and made up for some of the less atractive features of this hotel. The room(s), although clean, are in serious need of updating. I also had trouble using their wi-fi in my room and the continental breakfast was average at best. However, the location was perfect for walking to the beach and village of Carlsbad. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the area to enjoy. For an ocean front room the price was not unreasonable and I would stay there again in the future. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Go for an ocean front room, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
TamarackBeachResort, Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your response as we welcome and appreciate any and all feedback as we strive to improve upon any and all areas we can based on guest feedback and our own research into how we can improve the guests experience at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel.
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

It was quiet, clean and had a nice pool. It was directly across from the beach. I walked among the shops and had great fun window shopping. Lots of places to eat nearby. I wish I could have stayed longer. Next time I will.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice complimmets. We are so happy you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing and assisting you in the near future.
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Most of the reviews I read mentioned "noisy" & "kid friendly." I'm not a fan of either. I called & spoke with Shelli, who was so friendly & understanding about my concerns, that I decided to take a chance. I'm happy I did. A few kids were there (i was there on a wednesday during school season) but I went to the beach & enjoyed the water. Location is perfec, staff is friendly & hotel was nice. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012
TamarackBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your nice compliments. I am so happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon! If we can be of any assitance to you please do not hesitate to let us know!
Brigantine, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Tamarack Beach Resort is across the street from the ocean in Carlsbad CA. Available as a hotel or timeshare option with the suite layout and kitchen it is great for an extended stay where you can spread out as a group and save on some meals in and have the ocean views you love on vacation.

The units are very well maintained and the town of Carlsbad has several excellent dining choices nearby. We stayed a week and it was a great starting point for short trips into San Diego, LaJolla, and more.

I see others have commented on 'noise.' We did not experience any issues with that but of course each vacationing group has the potential to be respectful of other guests or not. Since we didn't have an issue I cannot comment on how quickly or not the onsite management would have responded to a call.

Even if you are not interested in the kitchens the open layout, cleanliness, and location also make this a good choice for a shorter stay. I would recommend this to any of my friends looking for something like this close to San Diego.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
TamarackBeachResort, Director of Sales at Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for the nice compliments and we hope to see you and your family next year.

Been to Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!