Started with the check in. Two resevationist looking bored and treated us like we were bothering them. One was dishoveled with a wrinkled shirt. I'm surprised Management allows they behind the front desk. They only had one reservation for me and it was in a handicap room. They had to "find" my other reservation that was double partial ocean view room for my kids. The handicap room is 114 and is so small that it is uncomfortable. My husband and I kept walking into one another and no space to move around. No closet to hang my clothes and the bathroom has no counter space. It was annoying to live out of my suitcase all weekend. Since they didn't tell me I was in a handicap room when I made the reservation I asked them to change me to a different room but they said they were sold out. I later learned they had a room "on hold" for a guest that may come in. The second room was huge. Only the room smelled like dirty socks. The screen to the balcony didn't slide. We had to lift it if we wanted to go out on balcony. For the smell we just kept the doors open for fresh air but it didn't cure it all the way. I did call the General Manager to let them know that I should have been told about the handicap room when I made the reservation. She "Shelly" said there is nothing she can do for me and told me to call the Resort Manager on Monday since he was out for the weekend. How convenient huh. I'll see what they do for me but honestly, it isn't about the money. I would have liked to stay and a comfortable room, not a matchbox. Then I learned this is the only handicap room at the resort. They should turn a regular room into handicap! Don't make them stay in a subpar room, they deserve better. You can hear everything from your room as they walls are so thin. Even footsteps. Elevators are scary, take forever and the underground parking is a joke. You can't get in or out unless the front desk pushes a button. So, you are stuck unless they see you! On the other side the location is great. They offer a continental breakfast which is nice. Lobby has coffee in the morning, also a nice touch. When in that area again, I will stay elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarack Beach Resort By The Sea Hotel
- Tamarack Beach Resort By The Sea Hotel Carlsbad
- Tamarack Beach Carlsbad
- Tamarack Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steps to the Beach..the Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel located in the Coastal Village of Carlsbad California. Just steps to the beach on Historic Route 101 and walking distance to all the One of a Kind Shops and Cafes in the Village. Dini’s by the Sea is located on the premises best known for there Sunset Dinners with seating on the patio. Looking for your next Venue how about a Panoramic Ocean View Meeting Room? Tamarack Beach Resort is one of the only Resorts with direct Ocean Views and Direct Access to the Beach all Hotel rooms with an Ocean View or Partial Ocean View have Private Patios. We offer a unique way of looking for accommodations with Hotel rooms or Condos (1 bedroom or 2 bedrooms) we can accommodate just about any size family or length of stay. All Hotel rooms come with a Complimentary Continental Breakfast, Wireless and Secure Parking combined with a Heated Pool, 2 Hot Tubs and Recreation Room. Condos have a fully equipped Kitchens, full size Stack able Washer and Dryers and all units have Private Patios. When you stay at the Tamarack Beach Resort you are bound to experience More Than A Room, More Than A View but "A Touch of Paradise." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.