My boyfriend and I spent last Sunday night here, using air miles for a free hotel stay.
The staff was super nice. They allowed us to check in hours early and stored our luggage on check-out day. Every staff member that we encountered was friendly and helpful.
The room was decent. It looked recently remodeled and we had a prime spot on the lower level, as close to the pool as you can get. The internet seemed spotty at first, but we discovered that it works perfectly if you are sitting at the desk. The bed was comfy and overall I liked the decor in the room. We didn't use it, but I appreciated that the room had a microwave.
We used the pool/jacuzzi three times. Since it's winter and cold, we had it all to ourselves and it was fantastic. Nice, clean and a good size. I would love to come back when the weather is warmer.
It's located in a prime location for Carlsbad activities, just across the street from the outlets.
The breakfast buffet was okay. I wouldn't have paid for it, but it was nice that it was free. They had a few hot items, but we stuck with bagels and cereal. It's simple, but good.
Overall, we found the hotel to be clean, safe and comfortable. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's nice and would be good for families. We would stay here again and recommend it.
Please visit my blog for pictures of our trip and other travel reviews and musings.
- Also Known As:
- Carlsbad By The Sea Hotel
- Carlsbad By The Sea Hotel Carlsbad
- Holiday Inn Carlsbad
- Carlsbad Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your best vacation - a vacation in Carlsbad California is like no other in the world. And choosing Carlsbad by the Sea Resort guarantees the perfect location for a fun-filled experience for the whole family. LEGOLAND® California Resort is located just a mile away and Carlsbad by the Sea Resort is a designated LEGOLAND "Preferred Hotel." We offer special packages that include hotel rooms, tickets to the theme park, and a complimentary shuttle ride to the entrance after you enjoy a complimentary full American breakfast. Carlsbad by the Sea is centrally located to everything the San Diego region has to offer. You are only 30 miles from the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Zoo’s Safari Park and SeaWorld. Pristine Carlsbad beaches or a game of golf are just minutes away. Spend time relaxing at the resort, walking on 22 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, and playing and exercising in our year-round outdoor heated pool, Jacuzzi and fitness center. And when it is time to dine, there is a T.G.I. Friday’s on site with dine-in or in-room service options and more than a dozen popular restaurant choices are within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Carlsbad by the Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.