Yes! The buildings looked old and the noise of the freeway was there, but NOT in Room #139 unless we opened the bathroom window. We saw business people in suits, families with children and old couples staying, but we didn't see nor hear anyone complaining while we were there. The breakfast was great coming from packaged cinnamon rolls and muffins hotels. We enjoyed the Denver and cheese omelets made from scratch and the sausage was my son's favorite. Yes! The pool was filled with kids, but what can you expect when they're out of school so I wouldn't blame the hotel for that. Carlsbad by the Sea Resort may not be a five star hotel, but it provided us a safe place to rest, clean up and enjoy our short vacation to Legoland. The staff and shuttle drivers were friendly and accommodating to our needs.
P.S. The only issue we had during our stay was that the hotel was having wireless Internet problems for the past couple of days, but that was not an issue for me because it kept my kids offline. LOL!
- Also Known As:
- Carlsbad By The Sea Hotel Carlsbad
- Carlsbad By The Sea Hotel
- Holiday Inn Carlsbad
- Carlsbad Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your best vacation - a vacation in Carlsbad California is like no other in the world. And choosing Carlsbad by the Sea Resort guarantees the perfect location for a fun-filled experience for the whole family. LEGOLAND® California Resort is located just a mile away and Carlsbad by the Sea Resort is a designated LEGOLAND "Preferred Hotel." We offer special packages that include hotel rooms, tickets to the theme park, and a complimentary shuttle ride to the entrance after you enjoy a complimentary full American breakfast. Carlsbad by the Sea is centrally located to everything the San Diego region has to offer. You are only 30 miles from the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Zoo’s Safari Park and SeaWorld. Pristine Carlsbad beaches or a game of golf are just minutes away. Spend time relaxing at the resort, walking on 22 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, and playing and exercising in our year-round outdoor heated pool, Jacuzzi and fitness center. And when it is time to dine, there is a T.G.I. Friday’s on site with dine-in or in-room service options and more than a dozen popular restaurant choices are within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Expedia, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Carlsbad by the Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.