“Overall good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3666 Pio Pico Drive, Carlsbad, CA, US, 92008, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chandler, Arizona
“Overall good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

An extremely handy location, close to freeway, beach, and legoland. Room was clean and well-appointed. Not a lot of counter space in bathroom. Quieter toward the back of the property. I felt safe here. Breakfast was not fancy but was adequate. No complaints there. Proprietors are nice.

The only odd thing...room service/cleaning was not performed beginning to end, fresh linens were brought and towels removed, then later fresh towels brought in and linens changed. Much later. Hours later. So much later that we had emptied our own trash cans and started changing linens when they showed back up to change them. Just didn't seem well synchronized.

The one negative experience I had was we left for several hours and when we returned the locking lever was swung over to keep the door open. The door to our room was OPEN. I absolutely, positively, KNOW I pulled the door shut when we left. I suspect housekeeping came in and picked up the towels, left the lever in place to return with fresh ones, then forgot to come back. Thankfully nothing was missing from the room. I was fairly sure what had occurred was a housekeeping mistake, not a crime issue. I was a little spooked but not overly concerned. But I was a highly irritated that management did not take me seriously when I relayed this information. I was blown off, it was flat out denied that this could've happened. But it did.

That said, I would even stay there again but I would keep the do not disturb on for the entire stay, avoid maid service, and do my own towel exchange with housekeeping outside the room.

Room Tip: Quieter toward the back of the property.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for valuable feedback ! Its wonderful to hear from our valued customers and appreciate your continued patronage . We look forward to seeing you again soon .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed in July 2014. Our original plan was for only 4 nights and moving
to San Diego for the rest of other 4 nights but due to its high accessability to I-5 ramp
and the super hospitality including the owner and family, we finally stayed there for
8 nights. So reasonable rate for our big room, the kept clean swimming pool and the room
, high class bed , everything was so satisfied.
It is highly recommended hotel for San Diego area staying.

Room Tip: Tell your requests and talk with them well
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your valuable review . We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and our property. We are committed to provide best customer service that our guests expect .Thank you again ,and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Will definitely stay here again!! Ended up taking an unplanned visit to Legoland so I was trying to find a safe hotel at a great price. Was having trouble on Priceline so I decided to drive around and just find a room. It was already 10pm and after driving in from AZ, spending time at Legoland, just wanted something close, clean, safe and affordable! Although it cost a little more than I wanted to pay it was SOOO worth it!!!
Got a room with 2 queen beds. WE walked in and the first thing my 6 year old grandson said was "Look how much room I got to play!" And he wasn't joking! There was plenty of space in between the 2 beds and PLENTY of room at the foot of the beds. Before we knew it he had his backpack emptied and was playing away.
The carpeting was CLEAN!! He was able to play and not get all nasty dirty from the carpet. The room smelled nice, the AC worked very well. The bathroom and tub were sparkling!! No mold no stains. There was a refrigerator and microwave. The cable selection was great: even for the little one. The beds were VERY comfortable and once again CLEAN!! The sheets were clean and in great shape. No stains or holes.
The breakfast area is a little small but they quickly pick up and refill and rotate the food. Waffles, cereal, hard boiled eggs, fruit. bread and pastries. Of course coffee,juice and milk. Also, another table outside to sit at would be nice. The weather is so beautiful and the grounds are so clean!
They do request no food be taken to room and I can see that this would help keep costs down and help with bug control. A little inconvenient if you have a late sleeper.
We had gotten in so late and that little one stayed up later playing and did not want to get up in am. Check out time is at 10am but I asked if we could checkout at 10:30 and it wasn't a problem. ( I think it was 10 it may have been 11 and if so then we checked out at 1130)
I can't say enough good about it! It's a smaller place but the grounds are surrounded by a fence.Somehow, I just felt safe there. It is near the freeway and in the am we did hear the traffic some.
Location is GREAT!! Easy freeway access; close to Legoland. Would be convenient to leave Legoland, go to room for a break and go back; close to shopping outlet and close to beach.
Pride of ownership is what I think best describes it!! I'm sure if I had had any problems they would have handled it right away!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your valuable review . We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and our property. We are committed to provide best customer service that our guests expect . Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Daly City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a second time we stayed here. My family likes this place. Close to Legoland, Beach and Stores. The property is well kept. Our room is clean. The property is quiet. The hotel staff are very helpful. Breakfast is basic. I would stay here again if ever I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your valuable review. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and our property.WE are committed to provide best customer service that our guests expect. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
san antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Family trip to LEGOLAND. Clean rooms, great price, super close to LEGOLAND. We were happy. Area immediately surrounding hotel was a little scary, but once we pulled into parking lot it was nice Well kept grounds. Little breakfast area to start your day. Waffles, cereal, juice coffee. Not a ton, but enough to start your day and save some money. If the price is right, we'd stay again . Plenty of other families staying here so nice & quiet and my son had some pool time and met some friends. Also really close drive to the beach.

Room Tip: We were on first floor closer to the entrance, meaning closer to highway and we slept fine. Didn'...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for taking time for your recent review.We are glad that you like our property and our breakfast menu. We are happy that your son had pool time and met friends. We are looking forward to serving you again in future.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My son and I stayed here for three nights when visiting Legoland- and loved it! The staff/owners are so helpful and sent us to an amazing restaurant for dinner.

I stayed by myself with my son, and always felt safe even though it was right off of the road. The rooms were large, and when we complained of noise above us, they moved us right away. Pool was cute, but too cold to use.

Cons: breakfast room was too cold. Everything else was wonderful!

Stayed March 2014
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write your valuable review. We greatly appreciate your recognition of our staff. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to see you soon again in future.
Conroe, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our room was in the back on the second floor, just above the pool. We were a bit worried that there would be too much noise from the pool, but since this hotel is not the type to appeal to the "wild single crowd," the noise was not bad at all. A few families with children took advantage of the pool, but they were not loud or obnoxious. My husband enjoyed the breakfast, but since I am on a strict diet due to allergies, I ate in our room. (It was much easier than smelling the delicious smells that I can no longer eat!) The breakfast fare is pretty standard for this price hotel: sweet rolls, fresh fruit, juices, cereals, boiled eggs, and those delicious make-the-yourself Belgian waffles. The room was clean, looked to have been remodeled recently with granite countertops and nice crown molding, which gave it a higher end appearance. It is within walking distance of the beach and the "Coaster" train, which we rode to San Diego to visit Old Town. The Coaster price is just $11 round trip, less for senior citizens! The staff is very cordial and helpful. I absolutely love the beautiful palm trees and other tropical plants in the landscaping. To me, I would much rather stay here and pay less money than staying at a high end hotel. I'd rather have my money to spend on excursions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear, away from the highway noise.
Green Features: Guests can decide when they want towels and bed linens changed rather than having them done daily. It is cool enough that most of the time we didn't even need the A/C!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for valuable feed back ! its wonderfl to hear from our valued customers and appreciate your continued patronage . We look forward to seeing you again soon .