“A sure bet in Carlsbad!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3666 Pio Pico Drive, Carlsbad, CA, US, 92008, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“A sure bet in Carlsbad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My son and I stayed here for three nights when visiting Legoland- and loved it! The staff/owners are so helpful and sent us to an amazing restaurant for dinner.

I stayed by myself with my son, and always felt safe even though it was right off of the road. The rooms were large, and when we complained of noise above us, they moved us right away. Pool was cute, but too cold to use.

Cons: breakfast room was too cold. Everything else was wonderful!

Stayed March 2014
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write your valuable review. We greatly appreciate your recognition of our staff. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to see you soon again in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Conroe, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our room was in the back on the second floor, just above the pool. We were a bit worried that there would be too much noise from the pool, but since this hotel is not the type to appeal to the "wild single crowd," the noise was not bad at all. A few families with children took advantage of the pool, but they were not loud or obnoxious. My husband enjoyed the breakfast, but since I am on a strict diet due to allergies, I ate in our room. (It was much easier than smelling the delicious smells that I can no longer eat!) The breakfast fare is pretty standard for this price hotel: sweet rolls, fresh fruit, juices, cereals, boiled eggs, and those delicious make-the-yourself Belgian waffles. The room was clean, looked to have been remodeled recently with granite countertops and nice crown molding, which gave it a higher end appearance. It is within walking distance of the beach and the "Coaster" train, which we rode to San Diego to visit Old Town. The Coaster price is just $11 round trip, less for senior citizens! The staff is very cordial and helpful. I absolutely love the beautiful palm trees and other tropical plants in the landscaping. To me, I would much rather stay here and pay less money than staying at a high end hotel. I'd rather have my money to spend on excursions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear, away from the highway noise.
Green Features: Guests can decide when they want towels and bed linens changed rather than having them done daily. It is cool enough that most of the time we didn't even need the A/C!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for valuable feed back ! its wonderfl to hear from our valued customers and appreciate your continued patronage . We look forward to seeing you again soon .
Tigard, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We just spent 3 nights and everything worked out great -- no glitches, no problems, no complaints! The property is right next to the freeway, but we were a few rooms in on the top level and it wasn't too much of a distraction. The staff was very helpful and friendly - much appreciated. The breakfast was a nice convenience traveling with kids. Kids were quite happy with Fruit Loops and hot waffles & the tropical juice! The room was clean, nicely decorated. Von's and Rite Aid are close by, almost walking distance. The wifi worked well for us and was another appreciated convenience that was included in the rate.

Room Tip: We were happy having a top floor -- stairs were short climb and close to parking lot for easy unload...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
It gives us great joy to hear that we were able to give gret service to our valued guest. Thank you for commending our reliable staff, for the apprecition you gave for the breakfast served , It is our goal to not only attend to the needs of our guests but also find ways to offer comfortable place to stay in while giving with the best value for therir money, and see you soon for legoland.
Yucca Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was only 2.6 miles (1 highway exit)/5 min from LEGOLAND. That was perfect for us. We had the king suite so had plenty of room for my husband, me, and our almost 3 year old. The room was clean including the carpet. My daughter's feet never turned black! I point that out because these days it is noteworthy. Many hotels we've stayed in look good but turn our feet black.

We enjoyed the breakfast. Not the best but better than some. It was what we expected. They serve fruit, waffles, toast, boiled eggs, cold cereals and pastries.

The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 was some minor maintenance issues. When we arrived, the toilet kept cycling every 30-60 seconds. Although they came and fixed it right away, I would have hoped that their housekeeping staff would have noticed and had it fixed before we arrived. That's just an attention to detail thing. As I said, they were very responsive once we pointed it out.

If we ever return to LEGOLAND we would look at staying here again. I would recommend you check it out too.

Green Features: I actually meant to share this with the management before we left and then forgot. They have signs in the rooms saying that if you want to reuse your towels to leave them hanging up. We did that and yet they still changed them out every day.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
We sincerley thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your wonderful feed back and your acknowledgment with our well maintained property and appreciation for the breakfast served.
El Segundo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a clean, well maintained hotel that is very affordable. The room was spacious and included a refrigerator and a microwave. Looked like everything in the room had been updated recently. Continental breakfast was included and they had plenty of everything. Location is just east of the 5 freeway. Easy to find and easy to get back on the freeway. Just a few minutes drive from Carlsbad and Legoland. About 1/2 hour from San Diego.

Minor problems included: a non-hdtv tv (lousy pictures). The window air conditioner was noisy.
Major problem: could not get wifi to work!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
We sincerley thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your wonderful feed back and your acknowledgment with, Our well maintained property and apperciation for the breakfast served.
las vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

we stayed at carlsbad econo lodge may 27 2014 for one night.stayed cause of the great reviews and price.wow what a great hotel !! first driving in right away noticed how someone been taking good care of.landscaping beautiful and immaculate.we go to the desk with our reservations and she tells us she is upgrading us to a suite at same price.told her thanks.went to our room and it was like brand new.i'm a retired hotel engineer of some 25 yrs. I can pick apart a room with all it's faults in a minute.I could not find one thing wrong.same thing our room was immaculate.georgous room.better than almost all holiday inn and best western's.hotel right off the freeway making it east to get back and forth.breakfast included.nice area to eat and pretty good breakfast.you can really tell they have pride in their hotel and really take care of it.I made sure I told them so.this econo lodge should be a quality inn it's best econo lodge we ever stayed in.both me and my wife would highly recommend this hotel and when we ever go back will stay there.

Room Tip: we had suite next to breakfast area.a really good room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3paresh, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
We sincerley thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your wonderful feed back and your acknowledgment with , Our well maintained property and appreciation for the breakfast served.
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here for one night and can say is a very good alternative. The room I got was clean, and was very big. The only thing I found that wasn't good enough was the breakfast. is too basic Lots of carbs.

Room Tip: If they give you a choice, choose a room away from the road; otherwise, you could be hearing all the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experiance with others . We are glad that you found our loction to be convenient to however i want to apologize for the breakfast .It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland? Share your experiences!