“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3666 Pio Pico Drive, Carlsbad, CA, US, 92008, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersBronze level
Moorpark
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was a little skeptical, but open minded, when I found out we would be staying at an Econo Lodge. When I got there, though, I was pleasantly surprised to find a clean nicely decorated room with higher end amenities. I appreciated the microwave, refrigerator, and nice shower head. Furniture was newer and bed was firm. They had a decent spread (included make your own waffles and hard boiled eggs) for the continental breakfast considering it is a smaller place. The room where breakfast was served was small but kept clean and stocked. The owners and workers there were pleasant. The one downside is that it is very near the freeway and the noise of the cars was a little loud. Overall a great value especially for the Carlsbad area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our goal is quickly becoming to find a hotel just like this in every city we visit.

Having done our share of 'big hotel business travel' we appreciate a 5 star hotel as much as anyone. However, it just doesn't make sense to us to spend several hundred dollars a night of our vacation money for a room in which we will only be sleeping. And it wouldn't occur to us to camp out or couch surf at a house of a friend.

The problem with bargain hunting in the hotel business is that you can easily ruin a trip with a poor choice.

Enter Econo Lodge Inn & Suites of Carlsbad, a practical vacation traveler's dream come true! This roadside Inn is managed with great attention to detail by the good folks who own the property. They are courteous, professional and friendly and have renovated each of the rooms to a level rarely seen at this type of property. Each room is large and has both a microwave and a refrigerator, which you might not even need as breakfast is included. And to top it off, our room and their lobby and even their parking lot were all squeaky clean. Don't you just love it when business owners do it right?! We do.

So what's the catch? For us there wasn't one. We were happy to utilize the filtered ac/heat and keep our windows closed. However, if you need to sleep with the windows open, then you are going to hear the noise from the freeway. To say that the property is freeway close is to make an understatement. If you sleepwalk, you could easily end up on the center divider. (Kidding, the freeway has very high fences around it. But it is that close.)

For the record, this Inn is very close to Legoland and even closer to the beach (which is wonderful, do take time to go there). We definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was a little worried when I found which hotel I was getting from hotwire.com, but it was pleasantly surprised when I checked in. The lady was nice and so was the lobby. My room was beautiful. Nicely renovated fully equipt with a microwave and refridgerator. The Bed was comfy and I wasn't afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet. I would suggest a better toilet seat though. The bed was extra comfortable. It was so nice to see protein and waffles at breakfast along with other nice options. It was delicious! I was impressed with how nicely they kept the entire property. My mom and I enjoyed our stay. I highly recomend staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This place is a wonderful value! The rooms were really really nice, there is a free continental breakfast, and it is close to Legoland. The room price is wonderful, the beds are super comfortable, and the rooms are clean. Great choice!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was the least expensive hotel we stayed in during our trip to California. We stayed for 3 nights. Our room was comfortable, clean and modern. It was also HUGE. We loved having a fridge in our room, and the breakfast room was nearby. My kids loved the fresh, hot waffles, and I liked the California oranges. You could tell that the owners cared about this property. It was close to the Del Mar Beach at Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, and Legoland was one exit away. It's not the newest hotel, but you can tell it's been updated and is well-maintained. I've read some people complaining about the traffic noise from the interstate, but it never bothered us, and I was glad to be so close to moving on. From here, we were able to drive to Disneyland in about an hour-fifteen with some traffic.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed at this location (it was under a different name at the time) in 2009 because of its location and price. I got what I paid for...cheap! I choose it again for the same reasons. Only this time I was presently surprised on what I found!
The rooms have been completely remodeled from top to bottom. From the fixtures to the air conditioning units. They also transformed one of the rooms to a breakfast room which offers free continental breakfast (pastries, toast, cereals, coffee and juices) and make your own waffle station! There was an attendant there to over see everything and if anything was low or completely gone, he was quick to replenish it. The premises itself was very clean and well taken care of, the rooms were very nice! Anytime I am in this area i will be booking my room there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Campbell, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Rooms looked recently remodeled. The rooms have a flat-screen TV with channels like ESPN, TNT, HBO etc. Other features include A/C, small refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer. It is a motel, so the rooms are not remodeled for luxury. Bedding was ok - mattress was medium.

At night, the motel is well lit and there are security camera covering the vehicle entrances and exits. The staff was also available late at night.

Breakfast was in a small room with do-it-yourself waffles, danish, bread, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, juice, coffee. it can get quite crowded at times.

Freeway noise from the I-5 is the one of the downside. It is constant and the trucks and bikes can be heard clearer. However, my family slept through it without problems.

The parking lot is also limited and get tight at night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland? Share your experiences!