“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Carlsbad, California
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

The Carlsbad Inn is a beautiful Timeshare/Hotel located just steps from the beach. The Inn hosts daily events, has beautiful manicured grounds and anything you will need. The Hotel was recently remodeled and in the next two years everything will be brand new.

I would like to keep this place a secret, but by being an owner I am insured my week every year. This is a must go to resort with a friendly family setting. Come join us the first week of June, hope to see you there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Las Vegas, Nevada for 37 years
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

The Carlsbad Beach Inn is a wonderful place to spend a week!!! I always book a condo through "Resortime" and find many extras come with the condo. This trip, we received free breakfast for two each morning of our trip. We had a choice of four restaurants to choose from each morning.
As a condo guest, you are able to enjoy the many activities of the hotel daily. We enjoyed the Sunday bbque and lawn games.

We actually counted the distance to the beach and it is a total of 59 steps! Relaxing and well maintained environment!!!

Columbia, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

This is one of the best, if not the best experience I have had in my travels. Extremely helpful and friendly front desk and management staff. Everyone is friendly and in a good mood. Very convenient location, clean room, lobby and grounds, and there are no hidden fees like some other resorts. I highly, highly recommend Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort!

Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

They have excellent coffee in the library, there are also computers in there as well as wireless internet in the entire facility. The Daily News is a great place for Breakfest and Lunch and Linda's has great sandwiches and Ice Cream. Norte is great for Mexican food and drinks. They are all within a couple feet of the resort.

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I wanted to let everone know about a great experience my family had at the Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort just north of San Diego. The staff was uniformally excellent and had wonderful suggestions for restaurants in the town. Our room had incredible views of the beach and it was literally steps from the hotel. Lots of fun activities that my 8 and 7 year old boys loved. The pool was also heated. A real plus is that you could check out towels, boogie boards, beach chairs, sand toys and umbrellas from hotel staff right on the beach for no charge. The only thing we needed was our sun screen and a cooler. It was the most hassle free beach trip I've ever had. Except for the trip to Legoland (Great for kids 10 and under) and pick-your-own strawberries, the car stayed in the underground parking lot the entire time (also free). We walked everywhere. Great restaurants in the town of Carlsbad and my wife loved the shopping. Eventhough we bought a week from a timeshare owner, the staff treated us great. The operations manager Roxi Esposito was amazing, she really helped to get us a great room and followed-up after we got home. I 've spent time in many world class resorts and have never been treated so nicely. This is a great spot for a relaxing, low-key beach vacation.

Antwerp,OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

One of my colleagues was wheel-chair dependent and the staff went out of ther way to be helpful.
My room was perfect for my business needs and I slept well. I especially like the coffee-maker.
I was not crazy about the trickle of water in the shower. I think the effort to go green went too far on that one because I left it on twice as long just to get rinsed off.

Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

My family recently stayed here for the first time, and we had an enjoyable trip. For a busy resort it is very well maintained. Our guest room had recently been re-done and (except for a very uncomfortable chair) it was very pleasant. We loved the fact that the beach and restaurants were all within easy walking distance of the inn. We also enjoyed the fact that the resort provides guests with beach necessities like towels, chairs, toys, and an umbrella. The only minor problem was that upon checkout they tried to charge me about $100 more per night for the room than originally quoted. When I pointed this out my original rate was given.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!