“Best Pizza, period.” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
“Best Pizza, period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have been eating at Spiritos for more than 20 years. The pizza is the best I have tasted in Southern California. It is New York/New Jersey thin crust which is like the pizza I ate growing up. The rest of the menu is also excellent. Prices are more than reasonable. There is little ambiance in this small location but people come here for the food. I strongly recommend.
The restaurant is located on El Camino across from the Carlsbad Mall in the Von's shopping center. The Carlsbad Village address is the former location frfom 5 years ago.

• Visited September 2012

92% Recommend
Joshua Tree National Park, California
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was looking for Spiritos but instead found Gregorios....ends up the name has changed but the food is still the same (i.e. EXCELLENT). The pizza (for the kids) was great and my eggplant parm was to die for. I had the choice of plain pasta or ravioli to go w/the eggplant.... it was my good fortune to choose ravioli because it was OUTRAGEOUSLY fabulous ... and when I go again that's what I'm going to get. (It was huge, filled with fab cheese, and obviously homemade.) Service was iffy ... seems as if we got stuck at a table that wasn't being waited on by any particular waiter/waitress .... but it did seem as if everyone else was getting great service. Nevertheless, SO GOOD and I'll definitely go again!

• Visited August 2012
San Diego, California
“The best pizza in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I am an east coast guy born and raised, and Spirito's is the best NY style pizza in San Diego -- better than Bronx, URBN, Knockout, Basic, Leucadia, etc., and I have had them all! Spirito's excellent sauce extends to exactly the right place on the delicious dough, there is the perfect amount of mozzarella, not-too-salty and correct amount of pepperoni -- I go there for pizza weekly. In fact, I want to go there right now! Really, everything here is good -- pastas, sauces, meats, cannoli, etc. It is hard to find though -- in the Von's shopping center on El Camino Real across from the Carlsbad Mall. I wish they had a better foot-traffic location, but I guess it's a blessing because the place would be packed.

• Visited July 2012
“Best Pizza in SoCal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Mike Spirito's uncles and cousins operate a legendary Italian Restaurant in New Jersey. Patrons come from all over New Jersey to eat there. Spirito's in Carlsbad serves pizzas and pasta that are equally as good. Although the restaurant is not so easy to find for first timers, the food is worth the effort. If you like New Jersey pizza (thin, crispy and tasty home-made tomato sauce), you will love this place.

Diamond Bar, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The owner used to own Gregorio's. I'm not sure if this address is correct. This is a very small place in a strip mall. Food is just as good as when they were located in the heart of Carlsbad. Fantastic eggplant parmesan. My mom thinks it's the best and when she orders it other places compares it to Spiritos. Pizza is like the way NY pizza used to be when we lived there. Wonderful. We try to hit this restaurant whenever we visit my mom in Vista.

• Visited April 2012