“Fish tacos QUE RICO” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fish tacos QUE RICO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our first time having fish tacos. We really didn't know what we had been missing. We were at the beach and my wife went and picked some up and we gobbled them up. I loved the fish and the combination of raw cabbage and the soft tortilla with the the fried fish. We had the chipotle sauce on the side which gave it a nice kick. Good food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oceanside, California
“Food is Fine, the Service is A Bit Indifferent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My family and I had dinner at Rubio's Carlsbad on Thursday, 30 August. We arrived about 1830 and ordered a child's meal, a Tiliapia Taco special, and another regular fish taco. When I picked up my order, I noticed the Taco was missing so went back to the counter and spoke with, I believe, the Manager. He apologized and told me he would bring the Taco to our table as soon as it was ready. About five minutes later, I went back to the counter, and the Manager said "Haven't you received you Taco yet?". I said no, but also noted to myself that the Manager had earlier promised to bring the Taco to our table. So, he should have known the answer to his own question. Taco finally arrived a couple of minutes later.

Around that same time, I noticed one of the kitchen staff coming out to get a soft drink and had what appeared to be fly paper hanging from the back of his shirt. I later noticed it was just a length of stickers, they stick to food wrapping so the customer knows what type of burrito, etc. is on the tray. counter staff were giggling about the hanging stickers and it was apparent the stickers were a big joke. Not funny to me, I expect staff to behave in a professional manner and I cannot believe the Manager did not also see the hanging stickers (about 18 inches worth. Not a good impression, especially when it first resembled fly paper from a little distance.

Finally, and this is my fault as well, we did not receive the milk we ordered for our Child's meal. Didn't even notice it was missing until the meal was almost over. Since we were going to Golden Spoon right after anyway, we just let it slide. Again, it was also our fault for not noticing the omission.

In a nutshell, I think we witnessed an example of an indifferent Manager who was polite but basically unconcerned about his restaurant. BTW, providing real silverware and dishes is probably a bit much. I would hate to be the employee that has to fish the dishes and silverware that get dumped into regular trash every night.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa Canada
“Great fish tacos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband is not a fan of fish and he loved it. We even returned the next day. As many reviewers have stated, this is a chain restaurant but it is good food. Not fancy but certainly not in the same category as burger joints. Salsa bar was lovely and food was freshly made and delicious! I even had a Negro Modelo with my meal(only $2.50!) Hubby tried the grilled fish as well as street tacos and enjoyed both. Mine was the traditional fish taco (he avoids wheat so tried a bite) We both agreed this was the best one.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not your typical Rubio's...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We went to Rubio's after we arrived at our hotel. I ordered the pablano chili & portabella mushroom tacos! They were so good. Normally, at the Rubio's near my house in Las Vegas, it's hit or miss with this item but here, it was outstanding! Also, I loved the staff, they were friendly helpful and greeted each person as they came into the store. They all seemed really happy (maybe it's because they live near the beach), I don't know. :) I asked for some tortilla chips because my meal and the kids meals didn't come with any, the lady at the counter gave them to me for free and said "don't worry about it". I really enjoyed my meal here.

Visited July 2012
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Found this place on the last day in Carlsbad. And it was one of the best meals we had our whole one week trip. Wish I had found this at the beginning of our trip because I would have went almost daily. Go... You'll love it!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere