“The best there ever was.” 5 of 5 stars

South Carlsbad State Beach, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Encinitas, CA
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Safe, educational surfing fun since 1995!
Chicago, Illinois
“The best there ever was.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Surfing is an activity best experienced while actually riding a wave. If you want to ride some waves when you're in San Diego, you cannot choose a better place to go for lessons than San Diego Surfing Academy and take lessons from the best instructor out there, Pat Weber. Not only will he get you standing on your board while riding a wave, he'll also teach you the finer points of the sport such as surfer etiquette and how to find a good board if you ever choose to hit the line up on your own in the future. You'll not only enjoy your time in the water, but leave your lesson with a lifelong experience fulfilled and probably have a lifelong friend and surfing mentor. You simply can't go wrong with Pat and SDSA.

Visited February 2013

Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Pat was absolutely wonderful. My brother, my girlfriend, and I decided to try surfing for the first time ever. We had so much fun. With no experience, he was able to get all three of us standing on the boards. He was a great teacher.

Visited March 2013
Ketchum, Idaho
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pat was an amazing, patient and fun surfing teacher for my 14 year old daughter. He was wonderful to work with, good value, and motivated Victoria to do her best with a smile on her face all five days.

Visited March 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“All the qualities of a great coach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I decided to try out surfing for the first time on our last leg of our honeymoon in Carlsbad with Pat. It was during the freezing winter, he still met us out in the waves. Patiently and positively encouraged and guided us for what felt like hours in the water. He stayed with my husband till he finally stood on the board. We're so impressed with his cool, patient and can-do attitude. Definitely makes us beginners want to pick up surfing, really enjoyed it! Will refer him on in a heartbeat.

Visited January 2013
Montreal, Canada
“All the qualities of a real coach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I took 2 days of surf lessons with Pat for our wedding anniversary. Best idea ever! Can't say enough how greatful we are for having him teach us how to catch our first wave. I've had many coaches in my life and this guy has all of the qualities of a "top-of-the-line" coach. When our kids are old enough to stand on a board, I'll take them to coach Pat for sure!

Visited October 2012