“Decent hotel for family overflow” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Decent hotel for family overflow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here over thanksgiving because there wasn't enough room at family's house for all of the out of town guests. It was clean, offered a decent breakfast and has a very small gym ( 2 treadmills and a reclining bike). The staff was very accommodating, rooms were clean, and is close to where we needed to be. Average hotel, nothing spectacular. Felt safe and very close to the 5. Definitely not a "getaway", but a decent place to sleep.

Stayed November 2012
Andrew N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about our hotel. We are happy you had a nice stay at our hotel, but are sorry your stay was only "average." I am very pleased our staff was able to take good care of you during your Thanksgiving Holiday. We will make sure that the next time you stay with us, we make it a spectacular stay! Sincerely, Andrew Nintzel, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I needed a place to stay during my trip to visit friends in Cardiff this Thanksgiving week. I found this hotel and I am very happy that I did! When I checked in I was greeted by a warm welcome from Edilie. When I thought I had left my wallet at my last stop in LA, I was panicked. Much to my surprise both Edilie, and her Manager, Andrew were terrific and very understanding. I was checked in without any problems (I had made the reservation earlier) and luckily found my wallet in my car. Both Edilie and Andy were so helpful and welcoming. The hotel is very near so many things including the beach and has a nice lobby and breakfast area. The room itself is large, clean and lovely. Holly, who works the front desk in the evening, continued to extend my positive review and experience at this hotel. I would come back again when I am down this way and have recommended the hotel to my friends in who live nearby for their other visitors from out of town.

EMK

Room Tip: Away from the highway is quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Andrew N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
We are so happy you had an amazing experience with us this Thanksgiving week. Thank you for the individual praise as well. Our staff takes great care in making sure that we can provide outstanding service, especially in a time of urgency. We are so pleased you enjoyed the room and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Sincerely, Andrew Nintzel, GM
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Excellent value for money and hotel well located for beach and shopping. Greeted well on arrival and found the decor really good as I reckon the hotel was recently refurbished? Comfy bed and spacious room. The excellent breakfast and free wifi were an added bonus to our 3 night stak.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
We are so pleased you had an outstanding stay with us this November. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take great pride in maintaining the cleanliness and quality of our hotel, and we are very happy you noticed this during your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon! Sincerely, Andrew Nintzel, GM
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed here for a week during a vacation, and don't have many complaints at all. You get what you pay for, and for the about $55/night I paid, I am satisfied. Its not the Ritz, but it is clean, and the staff is friendly. Breakfast isn't too bad either, although I wish some of the food was not so leathery from sitting under lamps while people peruse. Its about a mile to the shore, a very quick drive down Birmingham road and you are literally there in a wink. The proximity to Encinitas and downtown is perfect and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our hotel. It is great that you choose to stay at our hotel during your time in Encinitas. As you mentioned, we may not be the Ritz, but we take great pride in providing excellent service and accommodations for our valued guests. We are sorry our breakfast did not meet your expectations, but we hope to make sure you have a better experience the next time you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Sincerely, Andrew Nintzel, GM
Buena Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place had been highly recommended by a friend. The atmosphere was very welcoming and the staff were very courteous and professional. They were so nice, always greeting us with a smile. We were impressed by their breakfast menu and service. We enjoyed the room. It was clean, quiet and spacioust. We felt very comfortable. For sure, we will pass on the good word about this hotel and come back whenever we think about coming down to San Diego.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Andrew N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in making sure we can create an enjoyable, unique experience for our guests, and I am very pleased this occurred during your stay. I am also pleased you picked our hotel based on the wonderful review from your friend. We hope you can spread the word as well! We look forward to taking care of you again in the near future. Sincerely, Andrew Nintzel, GM
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The staff is prompt, professional, patient, kind and accommodating. It is clear that they all get along well and work together as a team. The room was spotless and quiet. The service and cleanliness was better than at many 5-star hotels at which I have stayed. The hotel is conveniently located off Hwy 5, as well as less than a 5-minute drive to the beach, fabulous shops, and a great variety of restaurants. I am looking forward to returning again and again.

Room Tip: Pet-friendly rooms are on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful praise. I am very happy you had an outstanding stay at our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in their work, and they will be very happy to hear your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Sincerely, Andrew Nintzel, GM
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I chose to stay here while on a road trip because it was so convenient and close to interstate 5. There are 3 gas stations surrounding the hotel just walking distance away. This is a perfect spot for travelers passing through, or for anyone visiting the area.
As I walked into the hotel, I could tell immediately that it was newly renovated. Everything looked new and the lobby had that "new building smell." The girl and the front desk was friendly and very helpful as well.
The first thing I noticed when I entered my room was how spacious it was. The King size bed was extremely comfortable and everything was new and spotless. There was a living area with a large couch that had a pullout bed. It was a little odd to see such a big room with such a small bathroom though. I was happy to see that despite the lack in size of the bathroom, the water pressure was solid.
Next door to the hotel is an awesome taco shop that is a must! Just walk out the lobby doors and and experience the best tacos the area! no joke.
Holiday Inn Express also offers free breakfast which was average but I can't complain about free food.
Overall, I think this is a very good hotel and would recommend it. If I were to visit Encinitas or the Carlsbad area, this would be my choice of hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I am very happy you had a comfortable experience during your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable for us. I am very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of the bed and the water pressure in the shower, as these things are very important when it comes to comfort. The taco shop next to the hotel is outstanding and we are glad you had a chance to enjoy their menu. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Encinitas. Sincerely, Andrew Nintzel, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area? Share your experiences!