You added Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1661 Villa Cardiff Drive, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Encinitas, CA 92007   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hilo, Hawaii
“What a trip!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I can't say enough how much we enjoyed our Labor Day weekend trip at the Holiday Inn! From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were just pleased with the service and accomodating welcoming of the two gentleman at the front desk, one of which asked us why we came in for the weekend, and other making our keys and telling us about the complimentary breakfast... I just wonder why more hotels can't offer this same service? Our room was the best, clean towels every day of our stay, very comfy beds, very clean carpet, and the most attentive housekeeping staff... everytime we left our room, she would wish us a good day and smile. I can't wait to come back next year! Thank you for making our weekend!

Room Tip: Our room was in the back of the hotel and very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Santa Clarita
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Would rather have slept in car on the side of the road.
Hotel and room were extremely musty. Carpet was damp to to the bare foot, tub/shower was not wiped down (which i found out after leaving by my girlfriend who got ready for an event earlier in the day of check in),and mold was found at bottom of shower curtain while in the shower the next morning. Thinking the spots on the hand towel might have been mold as well and the spots and poor touch up paint work might be holding secrets also.
Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Room Tip: Go to the hilton a few miles down the road
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear David C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I'm deeply sorry for the overall issues you had with your room accommodations. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was recently in town on business and stayed at this hotel on two different occasions. I was immediately greeted by the desk clerk who was having a conversation with another gentleman. She vary politely started some small talk about the nature of my visit to Encinitas. Once I told her I was in town for business, the gentleman entered the conversation. His name was Andrew Nintzel and he was the Director of Sales. He welcomed me to the hotel and worked with the clerk to make sure I had the room I wanted...first floor close to the door so I could unload some of my equipment. He gave me his card and said I could call him directly for any future stays. I ended up back in town the following week and gave him a call. He remembered me, remembered my room preference, and took care of the reservation. It reminded me of when people actually remembered you and knew their customers by name. Today I had to book a hotel room in another part of California and I wanted to call Andrew first to see if he could get any credit for making me a Holiday Inn customer. He said he didn't but that he would be happy to call up north and handle the reservation for me. I told him it wasn't necessary as the online system for rewards customers is very easy to use. I will be staying with Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express whenever I can it it is honestly thanks to teh service I received from Andew and his staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Encinitas, CA. I highly recommend this hotel. It will be interesting to see if the service at the hotel I am staying at tomorrow compares.

Room Tip: I alway prefer first floor near the exit doors. There are a couple of them. I had no noise from abov...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I left behind an important item in my room, and the staff went over and above the call of duty to get it back to me. The location is convenient to the beach and to all the goings on in Encinitas/Cardiff. Lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel (not facing the parking lot) are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Being in the hotel management industry and from Las Vegas let's just say its challenging to meet my expectations, but the customer service at this Holiday Inn Express at Cardiff by the Sea does just that, time and time again. I found myself traveling to San Diego often recently and the location (less than a 10 minute slow walk to the ocean), staff (Marisol and Arabel - I can't spell), price point ($130 midweek), free Internet, free hot breakfast, etc., make this place comforting and relaxing. I don't particularly care for Southern California with the congested traffic and overcrowded beaches, but that's not so much the case here. It's very close proximity to San Diego and a quiet, practically deserted beach makes this place feel miles away from the larger city nearby. The front desk crew not only remembered my face but also my special requests, which is a true testimony to how much they enjoy their jobs. The Internet isn't amazing but it works just fine and they have multiple lines if one is too crowded. The beds aren't the best but they are great compared to other hotels in the same price range. I do believe that top notch us timer service makes a difference and now I will only stay here.

• Stayed June 2012
Corona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend, to get away for the weekend, and to burn some Priority Club Rewards points. This is a great location if you're not looking to be in the heart of San Diego - and I think that the whole area, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Solana Beach, Carlsbad, Del Mar, etc. are all great in their own right. We went all the way down to Coronado one day, and didn't feel put out because of the drive. Now, back to the hotel...we had some issues the first night with the AC unit. First, we couldn't get it to turn on, then we couldn't get it to turn off! Not a problem the staff said, we'll move you and for the second night they did. It's not that we slept poorly the first night, it was just cold. The second night was better though. The AC worked as it should, and we slept well. The placed was packed both nights, but the staff had no trouble keeping up with breakfast items, and the place was very clean. All in all, I'd come back here again if I were looking to stay in the area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Upland, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express has a really great staff, Andrew the manager was very helpful and accommodating. I asked about another night and he compromised on the price for me. He greeted me as a gold member, not all of them do but are supposed to. The room was clean and nice and quiet. I traveled with 2 dogs and asked to be placed on the end so it made it easier coming and going, plus a little quieter. This was a good location from the Dog beach at Del Mar, just a few minutes away. I was thinking about La Jolla over this one but glad I made this choice much better for traveling with dogs. If you take dogs walk up the street to the second right turn and up the hill you will find some grass for the pooches. The breakfast was ready earlier than stated which is nice if you are an early riser like me.

Room Tip: Take an end room it is quieter. If you want less sun ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area? Share your experiences!