“Great View, Average Meal” 3 of 5 stars

(760) 479-0721
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacific Coast Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Now on the ocean in Cardiff, PCG is a hip and artistic trip for your senses. Feast on extraordinary Pacific Coast Cuisine in visually stunning surroundings. The Pacific Coast Grill is a place to see and be seen and most of all, to enjoy.
San Diego
“Great View, Average Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

You cant beat the location and the view; right on the ocean. The service was very good but the food was average all around. I think its better for Lunch or casual cocktails and appetizers at sunset opposed to dinner. Valet service was nice and efficient.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Dallas, Texas
“Don't be misled by reviews, try yourself”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I read some reviews by people who obviously are travelled. Respect that opinion. But don't understand them. This to us was a great lunch experience. Great vibe for one, on the waterfront, but we had a superb waiter, very attentive, knowledgable and accommodating. Had varied meals, Hawaiian ribs, lobster blts, and sea bass....all excellent, all tasty. It will replace Poseiden and Jakes that I feel sometimes are a bit commercial. We could have stayed here forever, and I'm still confused on how this could be bad for anyone. I'm sorry they had this memory, because I felt like I found a new friend in this place. To me...try it...you won't go wrong,

Visited May 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“dinner by the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

nice atmosphere. wish we could have sat outside. noisy restaurant. Good service. Food was very good. would definitely go back

Visited May 2013
Louisville, KY
“A perfect experience! GO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Friday, May 17, 2013

I had the pleasure to visit our 19 year old daughter, elle, at UCSD and she made the reservations at this neat place with fabulous views of the Pacific Ocean as it sits ON the beach!

They sat us as soon as we arrived which was very impressive.

We picked a wonderful table inside by a window since my daughter gets chilled easily. It was the perfect start to a fun evening with our daughter.

They have an excellent wine list reasonably priced.

We love food so to begin with we decided to order what we like and maybe don't eat all of the apps etc. So we started with shrimp pot stickers AND their Bag of Bonz meaning great ribs with their special Hawaiian sauce and tons of delicious fries. We decided to pass on salads or soups but they sounded really good. My daughter got the salmon as she has been here for at least 6 times and gets the salmon every time...sound familiar? I decided on the Paella and I can assure you, you will not be disappointed! It was absolutely the best I have ever had. It was perfect!

I truly forgot what we had for desert but it was gone very quickly!

I also want you to know that our server was excellent...her name was Trish!

This is truly a gem!

Enjoy! There is no way you will not enjoy this place!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great view! The rest, a waste of time and money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great table outside overlooking the beach. It ended there. The food was mediocre at best and the service poor. Was offered a refill on my ice tea about the same time the waiter brought the check. The place has a dirty, dingy, feel to it. Go next door to the Chart House - much better.

• Visited May 2013