“Wow, I was suprised!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Birmingham/ Lomas Santa Fe
Description: You’ll have a front-row seat to catching waves & panoramic Southern California sunsets at this magnificent oceanfront Chart House located near San Diego. A modern and open decor makes the most of its location with windows that open the entire restaurant to its natural environment. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 30 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.
Carlsbad, California
“Wow, I was suprised!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is the first review I have ever written on line but the food was so bad I had to share with anyone thinking about trying the Chart House in Cardiff. Nostalgia brought me back to one of my favorite childhood restaurants, and even though I have read some "not so savory" reviews about the Chart House in Cardiff I had to try it. My Wife had been to the Chart House in Dana Point recently and enjoyed it so I ignored the negative reviews others had posted and off to the Chart House at Cardiff, a decision I actually regret. The service was really bad, we waited 12 minutes before the Waitress took our 1st drink order and the service got worse from there. Noting the disappointing service, it is really how bad the food was that surprised us the most. The lettuce in the CH Chopped Salads was brown and wilted, the Asparagus was not cooked thoroughly and the NY Strip tasted almost rancid, I cannot remember the last time I could not finish a 14oz NY Strip but I left half of this one on the plate. My Wife got the Salmon off the "Today's Fresh Fish" menu and could barely finish her third bite. Let me end with this note, it is the morning after and I can still taste the food as it is regurgitating in my mouth.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

San Diego
“Fabulous views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The views from the ChartHouse are fabulous from any seating area.
The food is consistently good. Service is also always great.

Visited November 2012
Borrego Springs, California
“Fine Dining On The Ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We like the Chart House for special occasions; a bit more formal than most Encinitas restaurants. Fine dining with great service and front-row seats to waves & panoramic Southern California sunsets. Enormous ocean-facing window-walls open the entire restaurant to the sky and Pacific Ocean.

Visited September 2012
No. San Diego County
“Cocktails with ocean view at sunset - can't beat it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

If you are looking for a place to have cocktails at sunset.....this is the place to go. We were there last Saturday and just popped in for a cocktail and to watch the sunset. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!! One of the few spots in North County where the bar has an oceanview. So if you are on a budget but want to feel like you are on a vacation for an hour or so, stop here and sit in the bar, order a lemondrop, an appetizer and watch the sun go down! Can't beat it and it won't break the bank!

This place always holds a special place in my heart......my husband and I had our first date here 26 years ago.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santee, California
“Great Date Night Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great Food. Great staff. Great Ambience. A little expensive but they make it up from their location!
Have eaten there on many special occasions and always enjoyed it. Save up and go!