“Delicious, Authentic, Italian Food!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Santa Cruz, California
“Delicious, Authentic, Italian Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Great food!!! All of their dishes are great! Whatever you end up getting, you will definitely be pleased with their fresh, creamy, or even sometimes sweet dishes!! This is a must-go!!!
When my parents ordered their carpaccio dish, I wasn't so sure because I am not exactly a fan of that. But, when i tried some of that thinly sliced buttery ham- I was hooked!! I order that every time now!!!!! It's served with fresh capers, grated parmesan, and basil. All of their food is simply delicious!!!! They also have good cappichino, and tiramisu-something they generously gifted my sister with when we told them it was her birthday. The food is a bit on the expensive side, but is definitely worth it! You will enjoy this little Italian Cafe!!

San Diego, California
“Great Italian restaurant with Italian chef-owner in kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

My wife and I had great dinners at Bella Roma tonight and also enjoyed talking with the owner-chef, Gaetano Balsamo, while he cooked for patrons.

The minestrone soup was very tasty as an appetizer.
I had the veal Saltimbocca that came with sauteed veggies and some home-made pasta. I really enjoy trying Saltimbocca at new Italian restaurants and I have to say that Bella Roma's tops the list! It was awesome. The proscuitto on the Saltimbocca was tasty, not salty, and there was the right amount of sage that made the meal 5-star.

My wife got the Ravioli Pesto dish. The ravioli's were home-made and the pesto was so good, my wife was using bread to finish the pesto sauce after the ravs were gone.
The service at our table was also 5-star. Fast seating and we were very well attended to.

I highly recommend this restaurant to any body looking for good Italian food in Santa Cruz-Capitola area.

Monterey, California
“A nice find...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I live in Monterey/Carmel where the Italian food is just fair... Most can do better at home.
I stumbled upon this bistro on my way home from the beach... First, its Capitola so bring quarters to feed the meter... Second, don't eat lunch or be prepared to take food home...
My date and I started with the melanzane & Gorgonzola cheese, and the tuna carpaccio... that along with a good Copolla Zin & some bread should have been it... But we ate on...
Sea bass prepared in a tomato, basil and olive dressing and pappardelle with lamb... All dishes were top notch: delicate yet full of flavor accompanied by competent service...
The most expensive wine in the zin group was $45... and the markup was less than half... Dinner, wine, desert & tip =$135....

This is a great little find and well worth the drive out of Carmel to "finally" get some decent Italian food...

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Thanks to the reviews on TA, we had a great experience at Bella Roma.

Due to a long day trip out, we arrived quite late, very near to closing time but we was accommodated with no problem and were not rushed through our meal. Thanks to Natalie and the rest of the staff, we had a very enjoyable time. The food was excellent.

This place is a little gem in Capitola.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carmel Valley, California
“Bella Cucina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Please see my blog for my own review---- this is an undiscovered gem --- www.ronaldostable.com

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere