“Really Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Really Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Was in Laguna Beach looking for properties. Decided to stay a little further out to avoid the parking and crowds. Didn't feel like paying a fortune for a decent nights sleep.

The front desk guy Michael and owner Mr Saad, we're excellent hosts. Very friendly and made me feel at home.

The rooms were very clean. I stayed in two different ones since I checked out and decided to go back the next night.

The train is a little noisy but I loved the ocean facing rooms! Trade off.

This will be my first choice when I'm on a budget and need a place to stay. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but then again, you're not paying for the Ritz.

Michael

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had a king bed ocean view room and it was great. Very spacious with a separate bedroom and huge living room. The balcony is nice. Easy walk to the beach. There are several restaurants within walking distance. Parking is free and I never had a problem finding a spot. PCH is quite noisy so couldn't leave the balcony door open to listen to the waves. Could not hear highway noise from the bedroom. Trains do stop running at night but a train horn woke me up at 6:45 a.m. Free breakfast was usual pastries, fruit, waffles, cereal, juice and coffee. Would be great if they could offer hard boiled eggs and high fiber granola bars! The rooms and bathroom were clean and it was handy having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The bed was very comfortable! Overall a great place and I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Large rooms, comfy beds, & beautiful room with a large jacuzzi, & just steps away from the beach. The staff is friendly & accommodating, but they could definitely improve on decor, & bathroom space. The bathroom is quite small. The views make up for the bathroom! Definitely staying here again!

• Stayed August 2012
bay area, california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here a Saturday night in August when going to the Doheny Surf Festival just up the road in Dana Point. We paid about $120 for a room with a double bed and not much in terms of frills - but that price was about half of what any place else in the area was charging (at least any place that tripadvisor reviews didn't scare me away from!) So taking the price into account at that time of year, the hotel was amazing. They have all the basics that you expect, and even had a fridge and modern flat screen TV. The view from our room was the hill behind the hotel - while not very scenic it was great in that there was no noise coming from outside our room on that side of the hotel. The check in was straightforward and the person who dealt with us was very thorough in telling us all about the hotel, e.g. parking, ice machine location, breakfast, etc. No complaints at all - if you're looking for a clean nice place to stay and not a lot of extras, then this is a great choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rock Valley, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The room was a perfect size for our family of five. Lots of living and sleeping space. The view was great, we didn't know what to expect, but we loved it. We could listen to the waves crashing. We had read a review about the train being noisy, but that didn't bother us at all. We didn't hear it when we were sleeping.
The breakfast was good, but we did hope for some yogurt or eggs, seemed like there were lots of carb choices.
It was within walking distance of the beach and close to many local attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cornville, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was our fourth stay at this property, but our first during the prime summer season, so we thought we would update our review. We were just as impressed as our winter stays. The price was higher but still the best value in the area, particularly with an ocean view from your balcony and walking distance to the beach. The rooms are spacious suites and very comfortable and clean. Yes there is some noise from the train and the highway, but the trains pretty much seem to stop running late at night, so we did not view it as a problem. All of the staff has been helpful and friendly but we would like to single out the manager Kamal for helping jump start our dead battery on the morning of our departure. He was friendly and galdly went the extra mile to help us, As we have since we first stayed here, we recommend it to all our firends and we will be back!

Room Tip: Recommend view rooms on second and third floor, the rooms on the south side and back from the road a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Garden Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The room was very spacious and clean. I never expected to see a hotel room as big and nice. The hotel personnel were very welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful with everything you can think of. I enjoyed my stay here so much, I am recommending this hotel to all of my friends and family. Prices for the room were very, I repeat VERY reasonable because I checked all the surrounding hotels and inns' which were sky high prices. My room had the ocean front view of the whole beach. I can say I LOVE THIS HOTEL.
-MIKE

Room Tip: Try and get the room with the double queen beds, its worth it!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Oceanview? Share your experiences!