“Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Capistrano Seaside Inn to your Saves list
Capistrano Seaside Inn
Capistrano Seaside Inn
1.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   34862 Pacific Coast Highway, Capistrano Beach, CA 92624   |
London, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here 5-6 years ago,the location is ideal ,the beach is just a walk away,and the rooms were clean with coffee machines,outside the rooms ,tropical plants,humming birds everywhere,the people who ran the place provided boogie boards ,towels,chairs etc.This time,the room was grubby,no coffee machines in the room,nothing for the beach,plus the coffee they provided was undrinkable,we were the only people staying here,can you wonder at it,never again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Suffern, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had stayed here once before many years ago, and really liked it. I thought the reviews were bad because it was not as modern as other places near by. I checked in at 9pm and after stayed in San Diego the night before. I was travelling with my 10 year old twin boys. At first we thought we could live with it as it was just one night, but as we looked around the room it became apparent we could not. The cheap vinyl shades would not close. I told the boys not to sit on the bedspread, as I turned it down, I could see the inside was all stained. There were other things, but that was the straw that broke the camels back. I went to the front desk and told the guy I simple could not stay there, and he must have agreed as he gave my my money back! We went next store to the Best Western and fortunately they had a room. I was very impressed as it was one of the nicest we stayed in during our 9 day trip down the coast. The first thing my boys wanted to do when we checked in was take a shower as they were so creeped out by the last place. Keep in mind that these are 10year old boys, who only just had a shower 2 hours ago after the beach! Eeew!!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a good room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

After reading the negative reviews, I was prepared for the worst. We brought our own sheets, lysol, paper towels, flip flops,shampoo, etc. We opted to stay on the second floor: unit 37; and it was very clean,with coffee, shampoo,lotion, soap. The TV,ceiling fan(no a/c, which you don't need) fridge, microwave,coffee maker all worked fine. The ocean view from the lanai was beautiful; you are paying for that, and the fact Doheny Beach is right across the street. All the hotels along that stretch put up with the traffic on PCH,and the train; however I did not hear the latter after about 11:00pm. Dilip, the innkeeper, was attentive and helpful. Our breakfast was good: Fresh bananas, individual bottles of orange juice, wrapped danish, boxes of cereal, cold milk, butter, and sugar. What more do you need? I am an RN- we would stay there again!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the second floor:ocean view is excellent, carpeting on the floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The staff  was so helpful and friendly. Also for the price we paid per night it was a great value--the room we were in was recently painted and very clean. We loved having 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with a full kitchen and living area. It makes your stay more like home than just a hotel room with 2 beds. Our favorite part was the beautiful view from our balcony --gorgeous panaramic view of the Dana Point harbor and Doheny State Beach across the road. I loved the great oceanfront view from the living room, seeing all the sailboats out on the ocean. It was nice to have free bikes provided to ride in the morning and free beach accessories provided to take to the beach (chairs, umbrella, boards, etc.). Love this area to stay at--much quieter than being in San Clemente and can walk across to the beach in the evenings and enjoy fire pits and in the morning have the beach to yourself. Beautiful stay--will definately be back. I think people who complain miss the most important part of their vacations--enjoying looking at the beach and a clean, roomy well-kept place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Capistrano Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Walked the dog on the beach every morning. Not as new as other nearby places to stay but cheaper. Right on the coast highway (as are all the others) which means traffic noise during the day and waves crashing at night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My aunt was having people over at her place in San Clemente so my boyfriend and I wanted to stay at a hotel near by. My aunt looked up this place and since she recommended it, I assumed she thought it was good. So WRONG... We arrived and the lobby was a tiny room with a random cheap wood desk. We looked at each other because we were not keen on staying. Either way, we arrived late so we just decided to try it out. It was $100 per night and it was not even worth $10 per night! The room was filthy that when I spilled water on the floor, the white towel turn grey. The room was just BAD all around. We got there to sleep and didn't want to sleep on the bed so we lied a blanket that I brought from home to sleep on top. I was freezing all night since we had nothing to cover ourselves with and we got woken up at 5:00 am by the trains! Biggest mistake ever to stay there. Go down the street to the double tree inn, do not waste a dime here.

My visit was in 2009, but I can't imagine it has gotten any better.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

This Inn needs so much help and work we didn't even stay. It doesn't deserve the second star it has.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Capistrano Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!