“Nice place for dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Israel
“Nice place for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had dinner with friends on a very busy weekend evening. We sat outside which was cool, pleasant and miraculously not too crowded. Service was amateurish but efficient and friendly. The menu is not too large and unpretentious and some hor d'oeuvre are served as part of the deal if you order a main dish. The food was simple, quite tasty and well prepared. This is probably one of the best places to dine at in the northern Israel.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
Mexico City, Mexico
“Delicious Dinner, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had steak tenderloin on skewers and lamb that were both delicious. Starter tapas [for additional small fee] with warm bread and local salads/cheeses were quite tasty. Local beer yummy. Wine, even better, if not a bit pricey! Service was friendly and very efficient which is not the norm in Israel. ENjoyed lovey patio with piano player--and open on Shabbat which is a big plus! WOuld definately come again.

Visited May 2013
Jerusalem
“worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Marvellous atmosphere , beautiful works of art, old stone house, wonderful food, fantastic service, what more can you ask?

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kfar Yona, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Old fashioned atmosphere, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

As we were traveling in the north of Israel, we decided to go to one of our favorite towns, Metula. It was dinner time, and we were walking down the main street, where we came upon Beit Shalom, a restaurant that had a large outdoor area set up with tables. Since it was cold that evening, we couldn't sit outside. Inside, we saw that the decor was very interesting, in every corner there was something lovely to look at.
We ordered dinner and were very pleased with the meal. The service was also great. So all in all, we had a very nice experience there.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashkelon, Israel
“Good stuff - but watch out for prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We came there for coffee and cakes; the place was recommended by an acquaintance.

I made a small mistake while ordering: instead of cookies, I asked for cakes (these two words are very similar in Hebrew, with just an extra vowel in one, and my eyesight is not what it once used to be - but I still could see the prices). When I stressed the price, it was ignored, and no mention was made of a mismatch between the food and the price.

We were brought luxurious cake / teramiso at 10 bucks a slice - this was when I understood I had made a mistake. But the request to change the order was rejected - for the apparent reason (the bill was double the originally planned - close to $35).

Not that the cakes were not good - they were excellent; and not that we could not afford it (we are always ready for a surprise of that kind). But it left a taste in the mouth.

I guess I only have myself to blame - but next time I'm in Metulla I will most probably venture exploring a new place rather than go to this one again.

• Visited March 2013