It is very very secluded because it is built onto a hillside far away from the main road leading into Paro. However, the view makes up and explains the location because one can see Tiger's Nest from it. The service was impeccable as well. The staff made the effort to cook breakfast for us at 4am in the morning because we had to go to the airport really early. The rooms were really huge and warm. The stone floor in the bathroom is heated underneath it so it is very comfortable to walk around after a shower or a bath even during winter. Rooms were really huge as well and they all offered a great view. Privacy was a bit of a problem for those on the ground floor but not at all an issue for those on the second level. Rooms also had a balcony where one can go stargazing at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located thirty minutes from Paro International Airport, Nak-Sel Boutique Hotel & Spa is a luxury retreat where the comforts of man and the presence of nature combine for a peaceful escape in the hills of Bhutan. Nestled on the edge of the national forest and the quiet Ngoba Village, Nak-Sel derives its name from the Dzongka translation of ‘Forest,’ which is only fitting for this Himalayan sanctuary. The main lodge and surrounding cottages of Nak-Sel rest on six acres of apple orchard, nearly 2700 meters above sea level. Each room, cottage and suite boasts unparalleled views of Mount Jumolhari, Taktsang Monastery, Sangachoekhor Monastery, and the Paro valley below. Elaborate hand-carved pillars and beautiful stonework exemplify the essence of Bhutan while tapered mud-brick walls provide insulation and restful silence. Leading Bhutan in energy efficiency, Nak-Sel features LED lighting, highly efficient water heaters, and Swedish under floor heating systems preheated by solar panels. Main construction materials for Nak-Sel are indigenous and locally purchased. Traditional windows, mud-bricks, framework and even furniture were locally crafted here in Ngoba Village, connecting Nak-Sel to the surrounding forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Naksel Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nak-Sel Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Nak-Sel Boutique Hotel Paro