“Beautiful view, Tranquil lodging, Friendly staff, Average food” 4 of 5 stars

Tenzinling Resort
Lango, Paro, Bhutan   |
Ranked #14 of 26 Paro B&B and Inns
Doha, Qatar
“Beautiful view, Tranquil lodging, Friendly staff, Average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Spent a couple of days here during October 2012 in one of the single storey cottages. Staff was a bit inexperienced, but very friendly. Evenings were serenely tranquil. Very good value for money. Planning to visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had 2 nights here in Oct 2012. The room was lovely and new on the upper floor. Had our own balcony overlooking the valley. The bathroom had its own geyser so we had hot water all the time. The food at the restaurant was nice but fairly mild. Just asked for chilli and cheese which spiced it up nicely! The staff were friendly and service was good.The beginning of a beautiful stay in wonderful Bhutan!

Room Tip: The upper rooms will give the best view of the Paro Valley
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife, daughter and I stayed here for one night in October, 2012. This is a beautifully designed and decorated complex with great valley and mountain views. When we arrived we were greeted with hot apple tea and friendly smiles. The large well-equipped rooms had very comfortable beds, hair dryers, television and refrigerator. There is a nice flagstone courtyard seating area. The restaurant food was delicious with a nice variety of foods. The only drawback was the dining room staff was less attentive than other staffs we had while in Bhutan. Despite that, I would still return to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are well located.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. It's close to Paro, has beautiful clean clear mountain air, and the rooms are large, clean, and well-equipped. The restaurant is classic buffet fare, but there is good Druk 11000 beer and in-room wireless Internet. The staff is helpful and responsive. It has my vote for a great place to stay in Bhutan.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Nasik
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The property is quite nice while the rooms are large and have lovely views of the mountains. The service at the front-desk is between average to good. The room service is prompt nonetheless. I was disappointed with the fact that the hot water in the bathroom takes 20 minutes to heat! And by the time you start taking a shower, this hot water lasts only for about 4-5 minutes! This is surely a crude joke! I wanted to sleep longer as I was tired from my previous day's hike but I got an uncalled-for wake-up call for breakfast at 7 am! It seems that the chef is in a hurry to wrap up and leave by 8-8:30 am. The dinner and breakfast I had once and twice respectively was HORRIBLE! I just ate to fill my stomach. I would highly recommend eating at Zhiwa Ling! Amazing food and superb service. Highly recommend staying here as well. I checked out their rooms too and liked 'em better. All my bookings were taken care of by a horrible tour operator called Raven Tours who charged me a lot and put me up at places like these!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I must have been lucky because I got a wonderful room both times our group of 10 stayed here which was the beginning and ending of a two-week trip in Nov. '09. The view, friendly staff, good food (I'm vegetarian), great bathroom, etc. were terrific. I fell in love with the painting of the Tiger's Nest that hangs in every room. It had been commissioned by the owner who took one out of it's frame and sold it to me because she had no extras right then. Now it's beautifully framed in my living room to look at every day as I remember Bhutan and her generosity. I explored the area right near the hotel and a teenager saw us peeking into the windows at her school (non school day). She showed us around and invited us into her home for an interesting look-see, answering every question we could think of. The Internet worked on the hotel computer. We all loved that.

Room Tip: Read the other reviews to avoid problems I didn't find, but apparently are there.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Being there was wonderful experience in my life :) Can you imagine? Hotel was surrounded by the terrific view and high mountain. Every 2 morning I woke up with nice breeze, cool weather and cozy fresh air.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Tenzinling Resort? Share your experiences!