“Good price, but that's about it !” 2 of 5 stars

Campbell Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   675 E Campbell Ave, Campbell, CA 95008   |
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Campbell
River Pines, California
“Good price, but that's about it !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I recently stayed here, with a friend, while attending my daughters' wedding reception. When I made the reservation, the website had an offer for tickets to tour the Winchester House, however, when I asked to have it included, I was told that it was no longer offered, yet, as of today, the website is still promoting it !?!? I did get the room I asked for, and it was indeed quiet, but that and the cost of the room, is about the only positive thing about our stay. The staff, when checking in, while not exactly rude, were not as personable as one would expect. I was asked to sign an agreement not to have any parties, which I found a little odd. In this 'speech', we were also reminded of the free breakfast, but no one bothered to tell us where it would be located. When we returned to our room, later that night, we turned on the television set, to find that there was only one channel. Nowhere in the room, could we find directions and or any written instructions, so went to sleep. But, I think the most irritating thing about this experience, was that, both, on my reservations and when we arrived, the 12 noon check out time was clearly stated, therefore, we were a little taken back, when at 9am, a staff member knocked on our door, asking to clean the room. On my next visit, to see my daughter and son-in-law, I will be choosing a different establishment.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
TEMPE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

The Campbell Inn is really unexpected. It's in what turns out (since I knew nothing about Campbell when I arrived) to be an almost perfect location, halfway between the Pruneyard, which has some good restaurants and nightlife, and downtown historic Campbell, which is a boutique town like many in the general area.

The impression of the hotel upon entering is misleading. A couple of employees sit behind the counter. The atmosphere is understated and there's really nothing at all in the lobby. I was given a room in the 300 building, and the room was very large, with a whirlpool tub and tons of room. The bed was a touch firm for my taste but was generally comfortable. The room was clean and there were plenty of pillows. Much of the hotel is built around a courtyard in which is a pool (looks like the bottom could stand to be resurfaced) and a hot tub. I did not have a chance to try either, but they looked inviting.

The real clincher was breakfast. It was the kind you generally have to pay to get -- scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, pastries and mini pancakes and waffles. Very well done, with a staff that kept the food coming.

All this for a tad over $100. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
So. Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

I had a court appearance in Santa Clara County and stayed at the Campbell Inn. I used to stay here regularly and I had forgotten what a great location. Seems that Campbell is booming.

Hotel is well constructed - couldn't hear a peep from other rooms and/or parking lot. Bathrooms are superior to most hotel offerings and in my experience everything was working (including plenty of hot water).

Decor is dated, but not worn. Some of the material selection is questionable, but I'm only renting the room.

Price at 94.00 for a double room, double occupancy was very reasonable and the breakfast was fantastic (as always).

• Stayed April 2012
san francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I used to stay here alot, but no more. The room had blue painters tape on the tile shower and the shower had grout and tile laying on the floor. I asked for a quiet room they put me in an a joining room and then rented the room next door to a bunch of young idiots that made noise all night long. I called the desk 3 times and they did nothing. the next morning I went to the front and they said they kicked them out last night I said that is BS because the noise went on till early morning. They offered $30.00 off the bill I said forget it I could have went across the street to the Marriott if it wasn't so late at night. I canceled the charge on my credit card. The management is terrible the worst I have ever seen. The rooms are very dated. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: stay across the street at the Marriott same price
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed here for 4 days. Granted it was during the slow season. It was by far the best price in the area. The rooms were OK, not great but you get what you pay for. What makes it a good deal is the breakfast. They have a really good full breakfast buffet. For a family of 4 it helps cut down on the expence of travel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lakewood, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

If you don't expect to be treated like a paying guest, this is the place to go. The manager Naomi Brown treated everyone that I saw her interact with, with complete and utter disrespect. I witnessed her screaming at guests, and physically removed items from my room when I confronted her on her rude behavior.

As a general manager myself, I was shocked at the way this manager ran her business. Perhaps she is new to the company, because the front desk staff handled numerous unprofessional situations with great professionalism that was surely not taught from above. There is a Marriott directly across the street with brand new beds, refrigerators, kitchenettes, and a FRIENDLY manager that is absolutely, completely worth the extra $20. I was so upset with my service that I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Take this review for what it is, I would hope for the sake of the hotel, that has been around for so long, that what I went through was an isolated experience and that no one would actually treat their customers that way.

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott across the street
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband's family used to stay here in the 80's and 90's to visit family in San Jose and raved about it. Well, nothing has changed in all those years! The location and service are great, I'll give them that, it's also great to have a 'full breakfast' served. However, the breakfast is a bit sad and the rooms are in need of a makeover. Start with the linens! Then get rid of the the huge armories that hold the giant, old box TV's. They just take up so much space and aren't useful. It's probably a great value for these reasons, but has potential to be so great!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Campbell Inn? Share your experiences!