“Pleasant Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1995 South Bascom Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008 (Formerly PruneYard Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bike & Explore
Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Campbell
California
“Pleasant Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We chose to stay at the Pruneyard Plaza while we were visiting friends in San Jose. I was very impressed when I walked through the door at how shiny and new the hotel looked. We were immediately greeted by Lamart and Emily at the front desk and they checked us in promptly. The room was very spacious with a plush comfy bed. The bathroom was a nice size and very clean. The only suggestion would be to upgrade the shower head as it seemed a little outdated compared to the rest of the hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful when it came to directions around the area. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise as it had more options than the typical continental breakfast. Everything was continually stocked and they also had a very reasonably priced menu for additional hot breakfast items. Mini was our server and he was very attentive and always had a smile on his face. Checkout was a breeze and Daniel was also very friendly and helpful during that process. Kudos to your excellent staff! We had a very enjoyable stay and will definitely be back any time we are looking to stay in the area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed at the Pruneyard Plaza in early February 2013. The facilities were very good: super clean bathroom and the room had a comfortable work area. The location was convenient for work, and they offered a great breakfast with a friendly server. I appreciated the staff the most. Each time I entered the lobby, someone acknowledged my presence - wished me a good evening when I left for dinner, offered to get me a cab, asked me about my evening when I returned, etc. Sounds like a small detail but I travel quite a bit for business, and as an older woman, often feel invisible. Very definitely a boutique hotel ambiance.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PruneYardPlaza, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Donna,

We would like to thank you for trying our of hotel and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The room was beautiful, convinant, and large. There was a great "office space" in the room, in which I was able to work.
The bathroom had everything needed and the room was equipped with an iron.
Breakfast was wonderful. great service and great variety, clean and tasty. There are also lemon water and apples if needed after breakfast.
There is also a business center in the hotel, with a color printer that helped me tremendously before a meeting.
The front desk was very nice and helpful when I needed some guidance.
Overall, great experience, will highly recomende this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Keren-Or,

We appreciate your wonderful feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Campbell!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was quite happy with my stay at the Pruneyard. Lightning-speed Internet access (made it super easy to work and watch Comcast), nice room with a big shower / jetted tub, and a really satisfying free breakfast. I missed the wine tasting by 1 day, though :-( ... hopefully next time! Slept really soundly on the fluffy pillows -- not like some places where they are completely flat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joel S,

Thank you for your comments we hope to see you real soon and on time for our wonderful wine testing!

Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the PruneYard Plaza Hotel in Campbell, Ca, near San Jose 2-9-13. The service was excellent, and the room was large and comfortable; I booked the Executive Suite, and it came with a fireplace and a large, two-person spa bathtub. The carpets looked a little outdated, but the room was clean and well-appointed, and the bathrobes were extremely soft and comfortable. Most notable was the wonderful king-sized bed; it was soft, but firm enough, and it literally was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The complimentary continental breakfast was good, and servers brought coffee and cleared the plates as my companion and I sat by a roaring fire during breakfast. I would definitely stay at the Pruneyard Plaza again!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a room with a spa tub--totally worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LKSlate,

We are thrill to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We would love see you in the near future!
Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Situated as in a area a with few shops and lots of restaurants. Close to Highway good parking and nice area. Able to walk to above. Buffet breakfast so chose our stuff and took it back to our room. Great for a short stay or to use as a base to visit the wine area

• Stayed January 2013
PruneYardPlaza, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear SingaporeGrannie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the PruneYard Plaza Hotel. Your comments are very important to us to help us improve our standards of quality and service. We hope to be your number 1 hotel of choice on your next visit to the Campbell area.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a weekend night with my kids. The location is beyond perfect. Everything you need is a hop skip and jump away from your room. Local restaurants are delicious and the rooms themselves are nothing short of luxurious.

The front desk staff were so welcoming and helpful.

The breakfast in the morning was basic but great none the less.

I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michelle M,

On behalf of all of us at PruneYard Plaza Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback following your recent stay with us. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!!

Maricela Lau

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Campbell - Pruneyard Plaza? Share your experiences!