“Award winning hotel & staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
Silicon Valley
“Award winning hotel & staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Campbell while I had work done to my house. I had such a great time there. The staff was soooo friendly and made me feel right at home. They make the best chocolate chip cookies in the whole entire world! I was chatting with the lady at the desk at night and I noticed a whole row of awards on the counter. The General Manager has won two awards for General Manager of the year for Marriott and the hotel itself is one of the top ranked hotels for customer service. They also have a front desk person that is employee of the year out of all the hotels in the country. Wow! I wasn't surprised by this based on the experiences I had while I was here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
huntington beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

Horrible Customer Service! They're rude. When trying to call into Guest Services to discuss situation, they're even worse! Don't recommend anyone staying here. If I could give them negative points, I would. Bad name for Marriott Brand Hotels because usually they're great places to stay. Spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
SarahCamarda, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
Hello,

I would love to learn more about this situation for training purposes. Can you please tell me the situation?

Sarah Camarda
Sales Manager
Chicagoland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Last night of a week long trip, visiting a friend who I didn't want to impose upon. I simply wanted a basic need "lower brand" Marriott at a price I could afford.
This place fit the bill perfectly. Weekend rate, nice modern facility, located walking close to Pruneyard Shopping center. Could have walked to light rail, restaurants if I had wanted. (I had a car)
One of the few places I could see staying at for a week or 10 days. It is also right next to a major path area for jogging etc that extends all the way to Los Gatos.
Staff was very friendly, and one free internet station with printer and free parking.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Chilliwack, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights while in Campbell visiting family prior to heading off to Disneyland. What a great Hotel. Very clean, nice size room with large two way closet to bathroom, kitchenette, microwave, small stove, fairly large fridge. We have stayed in many hotels on the way to Cruising and never quite as nice as this one. Very close to great sopping, eating and movies. Staff were very pleasant and attentive.

Breakfast was nice and just enough, Starbuck's coffee 24hrs, free internet in the lobby and a jacuzzi. A little hard to drive in and out of off Campbell Street, but not a big deal (if you time it right you can turn left over a bit of a curve)

We would definately stay here again in the future when on a visit. This is a great central area to Santa Cruz, San Fran, and the Montery Coast, all with in 2 hour drive (we had a rental)

Not luxury but worth the stay.

• Liked — It was clean and non somking (and smelled good)
  • Disliked — Entry to the property via campbell
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

after a one night stay I checked my Amex online to find out they over charged me $250. When I questioned them they claimed it was for smoking in the room. I told them I didn't smoke so I have no idea what they are talking about. The manager then claimed they have hidden cameras in the room. I travel all over the country and this is the most outrageous scam I've ever heard of. Not only do they scam you they spy on you. Steer clear of this tourist trap. Marriott should be ashamed!!

• Stayed February 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SarahCamarda, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Tripadvisor community, as you know, we do not have hidden cameras in the rooms. This guest smoked in the room and I took pictures of the smoking proof after he checked out of the room. He contested this charge and lost. He was upset about the charge and posted this entry.

Marriott hotels domestically have a no smoking policy. We have signage throughout the hotel about the no smoking policy and the fee. Marriott hotels do charge for smoking damage if there is proof in the room that a guest smoked. These are the pictures that I sent him: smoked cigarette in the unflushed toilet, smoked ashes in the garbage can and ashes on the bedside table.

Again, we do not have cameras in the rooms.

SoCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

I stayed here for five nights. The room seemed brand new and the bathroom was huge. The back of the hotel faces a stream with a beautiful walking path along it, the front faces the highway, but there was double-paned windows so I couldn't hear it. It's a short walk to many restaurants and a big shopping mall with coffee places, breakfast cafes, movie theater, etc. There's a Trader Joe's store in the mall, so you can get great things to heat up in the room's full kitchen.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2007

Great value, convenient, and clean. If you are looking for a simple place to stay in the San Jose area, look no further. Bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom are spotlessly clean. The kitchen and bathroom were recently renovated. I especially liked the new wooden floors and the marble counters. A big plus is the free parking and free internet access. Complimentry Starbucks coffee & breakfast was a great start each day (cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, etc.); Starbucks coffee & tea is also available free throughout the day; and also freshly baked cookies in the evening. Staff is pleasant. They also have coin laundry onsite which is convenient for extended stay visitors. I also noticed a small spa and fitness center onsite.

Location
Campbell is a suburb right next to San Jose. The hotel is also next to Pruneyard shopping center (Trader Joes is there). Also two blocks away from downtown Campbell - small boutiques and restaurants. On Sundays they have a farmers market. Easy access to all the major freeways.

Perks for dog owners
The main reason I opted for this establishment is because I needed to bring my dog. The hotel is right next to Campbell Park which has a hiking trail and green grass for my pooch to romp around. Given I had my dog, this was a great decision vs. staying in a high rise. The staff and hotel is pet friendly. They even have a dog-level water fountain right outside.

Would I of considered staying here if it wasn't for my dog & the desire to be next to a park? Probably not. However, after having an enjoyable stay here, I would definitely come back and recommend it to others. This is a perfect establishment if you are looking for convenience at great value. From a value perspective - this establishment is getting 5 stars!

Tip: Request park view when making your booking. Otherwise, you're stuck facing the parking lot.

• Liked — Huge value for the price paid, complimentry breakfast & internet, pet friendly
  • Disliked — I have no compliants (which is rare for me)
  • Stayed October 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell? Share your experiences!