“The Dream Team of Larkspur Landing” 5 of 5 stars

Larkspur Landing Campbell
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 West Hamilton Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
Campbell, California
“The Dream Team of Larkspur Landing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I've been to more then one property here at the Larkspur Landing and I can confidently say that I've come to love the one in Campbell, CA the BEST. I've worked for different employers that are apart of the service industry and the most important thing, in my own personal experience, is to represent the company to your fullest potential by providing the best service. The staff here at the Campbell Larkspur Landing Hotel do just that and MORE. The service industry itself is not an easy job at times since your dealing with so many different personalities. Having to wear a different hat, so to speak, when dealing with different types of people can be taxing and wear you down, but it's apart of the job, and is required when working at such jobs like a hotel. The staff is AMAZING, and that's an understatement in itself simply because they have been the most kindest, genuine, and professional people that I've come across in a long time. This chain of hotels, in my opinion, lead by example and I think that a lot of other hotel chains can learn a thing or two about how they run things here, the way things SHOULD be ran. Because of how great the staff is, there rooms are WELL kept and if ever a problem arises, they step to the plate immediately and fix the problem with a smile, and that's because they want to make sure that every single individual that stays here is comfortable and happy. This will be my fourth weekend in a row staying here, and that should tell you enough. Aside of how well they treat people here, the rooms itself are so comfortable and inviting that several times i've actually forgotten for a bit of time that i'm staying in a hotel. This is the first hotel I've stayed in that feels like my own apartment/condo and that's pretty amazing to be able to make a hotel feel like home. So for those of you that have doubts about staying at any Larkspur Landing property, especially the Campbell CA location, let me just shine some light on your doubt and/or hesitations....The Larkspur Landing is a GREAT hotel to stay in. You get what you pay for in life right? Well this hotel is worth every cent paid because your stay here will be consistent and thorough. Most are also pet friendly and not too many hotels I've been to welcome pets as they do people. Good job Larkspur, you have won me over LOL

Room Tip: If your the type of person or family that like quiet and/or the least amount of neighbors, get the t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
LLCAMPBELL, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Campbell, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Tayvin M,

Wow! What else can I say; we are humbled by your kind words! The loyalty of our guest is what re-energizes us to continue doing what we do best and your comment is testament to how our efforts are seen by our valued guests.
As far as our housekeeping staff; many of them have been with the property for more than 10 years and they take pride in what they do. Our aim is to provide a comfortable, functional and clean environment where our valued guest will be revitalized and get a restful night and a productive rested day.
We hope to have the opportunity to offer you a great stay in any future stay you will have at our hotel.

Warmest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Friendly staff at check-in. Even remembered my name from the last time I stayed there.
Easy parking. Fresh coffee and great breakfast to start the day! The management does their homework to make the hotel a destination location to take in the local activities surrounding the area. Try the Farmers Market on Campbell Ave on Sundays. Just great!

Room Tip: No restaurant but great self serve breakfast! Kitchenette in the room is very handy! All rooms are g...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Nana4442014,

Thank you so much for your comment; we really appreciate it when our guest see the value in staying at the Larkspur Landing Hotels and when they take advantage of all the amenities we provide complimentary.

As a testament of our service we especially take appreciattion to the things our loyal guests have to say about the hotel and staff. it is our pleasure to make you feel comfortable and welcomed as part of the Larkspur culture.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future and if you need any assistance with your future reservations please let me know how I can be of service.

With warmest regards,
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The weekend of 3/21/14 was our second stay at this location. The first time was beginnnig of march and we spent 3 nights. The Hotel is very nice and the staff is excellent. The first night we had a situation and Brittany was working the evening shift. She was so polite and helpful and also had a good sence of humor. There a small problem with elevator and we were right next to it. She checked it out immediately and moved us to another room very quickly so we may not be disturbed. Hats off to Brittany for great customer service. Also the staff during the day were also very polite and helpful. I would like to make a shout out to Claudia and Jose the manager as well. The morning breakfast to start your day is wonderful and the all day coffee put a smile on our faces. This is an excellent location to unwind and stay with excellent staff to alway be there to help. We will most definelty return.

Room Tip: We prefer to stay in the middle. But we did stay near elavator and it wasnt to bad. This second visi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LLCAMPBELL, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Campbell, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Sylvia H,

Thank you so much for your comment; on behalf of the rest of the staff i can tell you that we all do our very best to make sure every one of our guests have an enjoyable stay. We know that along the way there are some challenges but we use all resources available to bring the best possible experience to our guests. Brittany has been with the hotel for about 1 month now and is quickly on her way to top the ranks and Claudia although part time very well shows genuine care in her job.

We are truly honored to have you as a loyal guest and look forward to having you in any future stays, once again on behalf of the staff - Thank you!
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The minute you pull into the driveway, you KNOW you are going to be satisfied with what's behind the doors! Everything is spotless!The bed is so poofy and comfy! and you get to sleep in as checkout is not til Noon! The room has it all: comfy chair AND ottoman, Fridge (not the lil ice box type), microwave, sink and all Utensils! Even a Wine opener (We forgot ours)! We will never go anywhere else! Larkspur is our hotel! Perfect location too! Near Downtown Campbell and Santana Row and all Freeways!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
LLCAMPBELL, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Campbell, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear LoriLuna,

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing a review of the hotel, I can't stress it enough how important it is for us to know how we are doing and what we are doing right to ensure the comfort and experience our guests have while staying with us. We are truly invigorated by your comment and with your permission I shall share your kind words with the staff.

Thank you once again!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I was in the area for a family celebration and stayed at this hotel for four nights. The rooms are clean spacious and comfortable and the staff is helpful. I did have trouble with the WiFi as it would go on and off depending on where in the room I was. The phone beeped at 4:00AM for two nights in a row and when I complained an engineer was sent to take a look. The problem seemed to be resolved on the third night but then on the fourth and last night, at 5:00AM there was noise coming from the phone. These are the reasons for only four stars.
The location is convenient and parking abundant.
I had a problem with my bill which was taken care of by the manager quickly and courteously. This is a great place to stay if you are in the San Jose area.

Room Tip: Try for a room without young children overhead.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
LLCAMPBELL, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Campbell, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
DearNewyorkLonghorn,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing The Larkspur Landing Campbell during your visit to the Campbell South Bay area, we realize that you have many options for your lodging purposes and as such we are truly appreciative that you chose our hotel.

We whole heartedly apologize for any loss of sleep our phone system may have brought you, I will make sure to check in with our Engineer to ensure this won't happen again with any of our other guests. We are happy to have assisted you with your bill upon check-out and we truly appreciate your understanding. On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for making this a home away from home!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We just stayed a few days at the Larkspur Landing in Campbell and were very pleasantly surprised. Easy parking, easy check in with fresh cookies at the front desk, nice rooms with kitchens, very comfortable bed, washer/dryer if you need it, and a complimentary continental breakfast. We paid $100 per night for the two of us. Excellent small hotel and we will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
LLCAMPBELL, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Campbell, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Alanmhersh,
Thank you so much for you review, we truly appreciate the time you put towards what you feel about the hotel, I noticed that you are a very active reviewer on Tripadvisor and as such your review is taken with great regard! In a perfect world all our reviews would look like yours but all we can hope for is to do our very best to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our valued guests.
From all of us at the Larkspur Landing Campbell: Thank you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel during the November holidays. We usually just book something sight unseen through Hotwire in a rush and it has always worked out both in terms of value and securing a higher end hotel.

This trip we decided to try something different and paid in advance to get the discount at Larkspur Landing. Although Larkspur was still a bit higher than we usually pay, it provided a larger room, continental breakfast and was closer to the people we were visiting......so it seemed a fair trade off.

Previous reviews suggested the 4th floor for quiet which we found to be excellent advice, and in truth, the entire hotel was very quiet even fully booked during a holiday, which we appreciate. Our suite layout was well thought out, the kitchenette was great and we LOVED the balcony in the early morning or late evening. The balcony on the 4th floor/ back of the hotel over the parking lot.....at night or early AM, the view is above & beyond the parking lot into trees and is calm & peaceful! +++ on these things!

Unfortunately, we ran into other things that made us decide we probably will not return next year.

1) We are up and out early to spend time with family who live in Northern Calif. Every morning except one, the breakfast set up was late. It was supposed to be ready by 6:00 AM...... It was very very late one morning and we needed to skip it 2 out of 4 days. Because everything was not set up and ready when we came down at 6:00 or 6:15 am, it was hard to determine what was available. We did not need a large breakfast....... just to grab a quick little something to send us on our way out the door by 7:00 am. The hardbolied eggs were good, the plastic bottled juice selection was not 100% juice in most cases......most were the high fructose/corn syrup "juice cocktail" variety so we skipped it. White bread and bagels and sweet rolls from the supermarket , some boxed cereal and some apples and bananas. Coffee & tea WAS available 24/7 which was nice, but the cookies mentioned repeatedly on the website were limited or completely gone at the front desk after 8 pm.

2) Twice I asked questions (in person) of the front desk staff - once about the usual booklets/notebooks (which were missing from our room and that every hotel we've EVER stayed in provide) to answer general room questions.......area attractions, fire escapes, local churches etc........I was told that Larkspur doesn't provide those and I should look at the hotel TV site and was handed a 3 X 6 tri-fold marketing piece on the hotel........strike one.
My second question was to a different front desk person on another day and was about a chef academy which is very close to the hotel, if not across the street.......she had no idea what I was talking about and said so, didn't think there was anything like that close by and suggested I check Google. After checking on my own I found that there IS a cooking school across the street from the hotel......... strike two.

One night we returned very late and the heat was turned on HIGH in our suite..... we finally found the thermostat and turned it off..... however there was still a fan or vent running in the bedroom that blew air and made a clicking noise.......we were exhausted and looked all over the suite for a switch, a box etc.....and discovered a dial that looked like a regular light switch and we turned it off. (Remember my earlier question to the front desk about the usual hotel notebook that cover these garden variety issues?)

The following are not items that I would usually worry about, people are human, but because it IS the several service related "little things" that tarnished a nice stay in a quiet, beautiful hotel, in a convenient location and persuaded us to decide that it may not be worth the price next time, I will share these and hope the hotel takes note.....again...these are service related, not facility or location.

1) Upon first arrival there was still trash in the kitchen trash can under the sink. Disgusting, but not a showstopper.....SLOPPY SERVICE TRAINING.
2) The hotel website repeatedly highlights a some sort of "name brand" bath products we were not familiar with ........whatever they are, these are no more than the minimum and ordinary motel type small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion - no more, no less.

All in all, I think this hotel has great potential - location, physical building & parking were perfect for us, MAYBE it was an off week...... but the devil was in the details.......untrained front desk & housekeeping staff, repeatedly late breakfast buffets and a corporate marketing/website that highlighted silly items like unimpressive bath soap, cookies, and a continental breakfast that was late AND poor quality.

We clearly liked certain things about Larkspur, but for my dollar, service goes hand in hand with location & property. If you cannot provide an excellent product on both counts, the high price isn't merited.

Room Tip: 4th floor at the back for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Roadtripmom2013,
Thank you for your survey; it is with great regret to read in how many aspects of the stay we failed to meet your expectations. Our aim is to provide all of our guests with respect, genuine care and a product of great quality which our loyal customers have come to expect from the Larkspur Brand. I can give you all the reasons why we may have failed to meet your expectations due to a turnover we recently experienced in staffing but at the end of the day we still did not provide you with service in the quality that you deserve as a valued customer.
I can assure you that your observation shall be shared with the staff in our next training/meeting session. We hope that in the future you allow us the opportunity to service you better should you choose to stay with us again. Thank you and on behalf of the staff we wish you a wonderful new year!

Been to Larkspur Landing Campbell? Share your experiences!