I was looking for an inexpensive small hotel, but one that was not in a risky neighborhood or one with rooms that are falling apart. The Bristol Hotel was a nice find for me. The value of what I got for the price was outstanding.
1. Located in a reasonably nice part of town. I felt safe in this area.
2. Parking was a breeze, and my car was always close to the entrance.
3. Staff was super nice.
4. The decor is nice. Maybe a touch on the cheesy side, but still nice.
5. I stayed in an "executive king" room and it was HUGE! I like some space, and this room had it.
6. The included breakfast was good, with both hot and cold food options.
7. The price was right for my budget.
1. My one big complaint was that I found my bed mattress to be very uncomfortable. No matter what part of the bed I moved to I woke feeling I was sunken into a hole. I don't know if the mattress was old or just way too soft for me, but this factor did reduce my sleep.
2. Though my room was huge in square footage, it didn't have furnishings to match. The desk was way over in one corner and the bed and TV were on the other end. Between them was basically a ton of empty space. I guess this is not really a "con" but more an observation.
3. The TV was an old CRT tube unit, and it did not offer the "sleep" function that I love to use in a hotel to help me fall asleep.